The Plutocratic Banana Republic of Zerentopia
“The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Plutocratic Banana Republic of Zerentopia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by King CEO President Johan Liebert with an iron fist, and notable for its closed borders, triple-decker prams, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 9.355 billion Zerentopians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Central City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Zerentopian economy, worth a remarkable 4,262 trillion Braxes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 455,629 Braxes, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 4,266,830 per year while the poor average 4,109, a ratio of 1,038 to 1.
Human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants, blind students are at a disadvantage now that test papers printed in braille have been discontinued, the government response to disaster victims starving for bread is "let them eat stale cake", and police pull people off the street for even mentioning the word plane. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Zerentopia's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Money.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Zerentopia, police pull people off the street for even mentioning the word plane.
- : Following new legislation in Zerentopia, the government response to disaster victims starving for bread is "let them eat stale cake".
- : Following new legislation in Zerentopia, blind students are at a disadvantage now that test papers printed in braille have been discontinued.
- : Following new legislation in Zerentopia, human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants.
- : Following new legislation in Zerentopia, the jackhammer is considered a tool of artistic criticism.
- : Following new legislation in Zerentopia, self-driving cars are unpopular due to suspicion that they murder their passengers.
- : Following new legislation in Zerentopia, hit and run driving is no longer a crime - it's the national sport.
- : Zerentopia was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- : Zerentopia was endorsed by The Community of Gredax Altis.
- : Zerentopia was endorsed by The Egg-based Commune of Eggraria.
Endorsements Received: 94 » Zavea, Emeseses, Florin, Panormia, Aqueira, Farrakhan, Volsar, Magrinia, ThePlace, Aandruzognivia, Maazalik, Masters86, Cyrtenes, FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Rubian Empire, Raj7765, Capitalist Paradise, Lederland, Euroanatolian Greece, Rushkaland, Die Suid-Afrikaanse Ryk, Cecilly, Byzant, Singu1arity, Sarotte, CLovidia, Melon feud, Gozira, Aggro, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, DisregardWork, Beezertopia, Franluxin, Super Mega Awesome, Cazia Minor, Unibot III, Goryier, The Horror Channel, Collosuss, Andromeda Islands, Delight, Xyloqua, Republic of edward, Hallmaak, North Comunist Awelanius, Greater Cesnica, Vasisdas, Vas Normandy, Fragmented Spero, and 44 others.Novi Libertas, Visionary Union, Killmoor, Mundanus, XW5RULEZ, Razorback, Old Blackwood, Nation of Urie, Tartessis, The Yawning Asshole, FareP, Ethelontis, Berlitria, Alpharoland, BNI Nation, Alcrestia Liakar, Unisomia, Arinteriswith, Pevegaria, B00bz, Allwarts, Ser-Mal, The LunchTable, North Drederia, Alsakah, Zoigai, TorNaGul, The Central Flat Lands Of Canada, Machiavellian Prince, Agalaesia, Bormiar, Black Hawk Raider Refugees, APKland, A Leaf on the Wind, The Northsouth, The Floodcity, Uptisd, United Libor Lefunkistan, Juvena, Kaiserreich Subreddit, Vaktaria, Croatian empaths, Eggraria, and Gredax Altis.