The Kingdom of Lazarevich
“Per strenuam quarumdam succedant”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Kingdom of Lazarevich is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Giovanni de Lazzari with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, devout population of 1.764 billion Lazarevichians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lazaropolis. The average income tax rate is 91.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lazarevichian economy, worth 241 trillion Imperial Gold Marks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 136,741 Imperial Gold Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass, parking's carefree without parking car fees, a ban on robots in disguise has transformed the entertainment industry, and anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lazarevich's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lazarevich was endorsed by The Holy Republic of East Nagaland.
- : Following new legislation in Lazarevich, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Lazarevich, a ban on robots in disguise has transformed the entertainment industry.
- : Lazarevich voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in Lazarevich, parking's carefree without parking car fees.
- : Following new legislation in Lazarevich, legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass.
- : Following new legislation in Lazarevich, government-funded marriage counseling is showing very limited success.
- : Following new legislation in Lazarevich, banning party poppers has been a real party pooper.
- : Lazarevich was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector and Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Lazarevich, owning a fishing rod can cause you to be subject to military questioning.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Eskvenn, Marinho Islands, Erinor, PenguinPies, Tsunamy, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sandaoguo, Amerion, Yeses, Tepertopia, Holota, Crystal Creation, Corgitopiaa, Concrete Slab, Land Without Shrimp, Treir, Bleakfoot, Wehraboos, Blondiesland, Nowa Europa, Conexia, Qvait, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, Bawkie, Belschaft, Scu Greinne, Rebel-topia, Eternal Memedom, Si-topia, West Bridgeport, The Two Jerseys, Libedistan, Aumeltopia, Westenhald, Levistian, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Japanese Federal Republic, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Farengeto, Purple Hyacinth, Ipugao, and East Nagaland.