The Kingdom of Lazarevich
“Per strenuam quarumdam succedant”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Kingdom of Lazarevich is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Giovanni de Lazzari with an even hand, and notable for its triple-decker prams, free-roaming dinosaurs, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, devout population of 2.241 billion Lazarevichians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lazaropolis. The average income tax rate is 92.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lazarevichian economy, worth 311 trillion Imperial Gold Marks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 138,940 Imperial Gold Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The legal minefield around ownership of fiction has demolished the publishing industry, a rolling news ticker tape of disclaimers runs across the bottom of the screen on all TV shows, Lazarevichians are regularly fired for looking at MyFace during their lunch breaks, and the government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lazarevich's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lazarevich voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protected Working Leave"".
- : Following new legislation in Lazarevich, the government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits.
- : Following new legislation in Lazarevich, Lazarevichians are regularly fired for looking at MyFace during their lunch breaks.
- : Following new legislation in Lazarevich, a rolling news ticker tape of disclaimers runs across the bottom of the screen on all TV shows.
- : Lazarevich was endorsed by The Oppressed Peoples of Scheeeeeeeeeeeia.
- : Lazarevich was endorsed by The Republic of Jols Nik.
- : Lazarevich was endorsed by The Dominion of Drystar.
- : Following new legislation in Lazarevich, the legal minefield around ownership of fiction has demolished the publishing industry.
- : Following new legislation in Lazarevich, it is a silent spring in Lazarevich.
- : Following new legislation in Lazarevich, an extra hand on the leg will give a horse-and-a-half of lead in a hundred jiffies on seven furlongs.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Eskvenn, Marinho Islands, Erinor, PenguinPies, Tsunamy, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sandaoguo, Amerion, Yeses, Tepertopia, Holota, Crystal Creation, Corgitopiaa, Concrete Slab, Land Without Shrimp, Treir, Bleakfoot, Wehraboos, Blondiesland, Nowa Europa, Qvait, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, Bawkie, Belschaft, Scu Greinne, Rebel-topia, Eternal Memedom, Si-topia, The Two Jerseys, Libedistan, Aumeltopia, Westenhald, Levistian, Sedunn, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Farengeto, Purple Hyacinth, Ipugao, East Nagaland, Ebonhand, Canmore, Anatasha, Kaoia, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, JavaSiege, Kaleidescooptopia, Astiaveth, Auphelia, and 18 others.Beblahbleblo, Agletgreenia, Rhetiaa, Eastern Mekong, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Solanosco, Danily, Esfalsa, Nyxonia, Holy Free, LadyRebels, The Kies, New Sanet, Northern Estrian Islands, Osheiga, Drystar, Jols Nik, and Scheeeeeeeeeeeia.