The Illusory Spectre of Arrivederci
“We Protect Our Own!”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: The North Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Illusory Spectre of Arrivederci is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by General Gorlomi with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 12.744 billion Arrivedrcians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Industry, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Welfare and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Margheriti. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Arrivedercian economy, worth a remarkable 4,815 trillion Gold Coins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an amazing 377,867 Gold Coins, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
Out-of-work Margheriti inhabitants look for work in puny suburbs (Arrivederci has found 12 easter eggs), slavery has been abolished, a murderous reputation can revitalise a flagging celebrity career, and the government has solemnly sworn not to look up other nations' internet browsing history if the favor is returned. Crime is totally unknown. Arrivederci's national animal is the Vampiric Narwhal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arrivederci was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Arrivederci changed its national capital to "Margheriti", its demonym to "Arrivedrcian", its leader to "General Gorlomi", its motto to "We Protect Our Own!", and its nation type to "Illusory Spectre".
- : Following new legislation in Arrivederci, the government has solemnly sworn not to look up other nations' internet browsing history if the favor is returned.
- : Following new legislation in Arrivederci, a murderous reputation can revitalise a flagging celebrity career.
- : Following new legislation in Arrivederci, slavery has been abolished.
- : Following new legislation in Arrivederci, out-of-work Margheriti inhabitants look for work in puny suburbs (Arrivederci has found 12 easter eggs).
- : Arrivederci voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Following new legislation in Arrivederci, enemy navies sail within bombardment range of major coastal cities with impunity.
- : Following new legislation in Arrivederci, fiscal policy hawks decry the sizable "panem et circenses" fund added to the public budget.
- : Following new legislation in Arrivederci, playing an online nation simulation game legally obliges you to buy the creator's latest novel.
Endorsements Received: 183 » Ethnon, Fauzjhia, Newpromisedland, Koda-Land, The Rhein States, Shibutani, Siwale, Orado, North Bratislava, Territorio di Nessuno, Corfad, Hamerica, New Lakemba, The Tampa Bay Rays, Pallaith, Zzozona, Noahs Second Country, Xagill, Valhalla123, Yaorozu, McMasterdonia, El Fiji Grande, Guer Aike, Sikol, Empy, 1 very fast endotarter, Sunto, Frances Francis the First of France, Saperisole, Yokciq Empire, Omnistria, Prydania, Dabarastan, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Great Bights Mum, I Like Killing people, Daiz, Dar es Saalam, Former English Colony, Libertania Democratica, Sevinland, Dreadton, Notyoutopia, Seenvorland, Pazair, Fluffy Noodles, Valentine Z, Sundred, Shinjuku tokyo 0, Interdimensional Zone, and 133 others.Westinor, Kocherian, Praeceps, Brucklania, Simone Republic, Kranostav, Selfgradatude, Unshleepd, Yalgora, Wineclaw, The Iron Lions, Sil Dorsett, Aeolist, The Calabash Protectorate, Ihsan, Smesh, Clan Spaniel, Zumlandia, Korovan Isles, Fendlium, Seanat, Cowbridge, Godwanna, Pizza Squared, Pleroma Sans Romans, Walter Jackson, Noesantara, Arichia, East Natomes, Joodey, Eywaan, The Pantheons, Schnuftelland, Free Nation of Hong Kong, Zeternia, Highton Islands, Xentherida, States of Asra, New Jamgra, Shadowrik, Madjack, Eastern Cous Empria, Hopsin, Kragsgale, The Federal Republic of Scouseland, Xipher, Erubetia, Buckhem, Astal Aavors, Amerian States, Illusia and Neverendia, Bacciatto, Andexia, Frahnkzaden, Moubarakistan, Principia Mathematica, U S Eh, Votak Matim, Ravendi, Maott, Heilhum Imperius, Vincone Cae, Napnomadia, Runeda, Draconian Progression, Innocentic, Hardscrabble, Harjad, Tyirza, Aerilia, Cretox State, Morover, Nouvelle-Floride, Holy Oranz, Xyrron, TLTland, Shizzy, Outer Shenendoah, Amprak, Dangine, Chips and Guac, Yalkan, Glanst, Supreme Leader Hadrian, Feelonia, Loutsland, The Kingdom Of Wagies, Navsland, Elvoreto, Lulubellia, Rozarus, Jestings, Aruvicion, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Abonland, Unsophisticate, Magna Banitia, Merconitonitopia, Sopernia, A Die, Loli County, Republica Guilleana, Democratic Republic of Kohland, Kasazzastan, Boston Castle, Jerzykowo, Kureizen, Tringapore, Yukti, Wilkshire, Varisland, Liminyj, WeKnow, Aoncarpa, Gorundu, Imperial Joseon, Sitero, Pytong, Religioncord, Black Spears, PotatoFarmers, Lubi Islands, The Peoples Republic of Kyle, Advancia-Sizzletown, DIMAnism, Great Robertia, Batatoland Empire, Ozstan, Bankowiata, Kazoo Basin, Maclare, Arloria, and The Unified Missourtama States.