The United States of Kappacon
“오늘만 대충 수습하며 살자.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: The North Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The United States of Kappacon is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, otherworldly petting zoo, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 306 million Kappaconians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gyeongbaek. The average income tax rate is 51.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Kappaconian economy, worth 26.9 trillion Won a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 87,954 Won, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature', country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized, the number of students attending university has reached a record high, and concerned environmentalists wipe away their tears with tissues sourced from Tasmanian old-growth redwoods. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kappacon's national animal is the Alaska Pollock, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kappacon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Kappacon, concerned environmentalists wipe away their tears with tissues sourced from Tasmanian old-growth redwoods.
- : Kappacon endorsed The Constitutional Dicatatorship of Religioncord.
- : Kappacon was endorsed by The Constitutional Dicatatorship of Religioncord.
- : Following new legislation in Kappacon, the number of students attending university has reached a record high.
- : Following new legislation in Kappacon, country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized.
- : Following new legislation in Kappacon, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature'.
- : Kappacon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Amelioration of Maritime Conditions".
- : Kappacon endorsed The Commonwealth of Palgo.
- : Kappacon was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Palgo.
Endorsements Received: 102 » El Fiji Grande, Pallaith, Yaorozu, Alunya, The Rhein States, Runeda, McMasterdonia, Loutsland, Territorio di Nessuno, Omnistria, Zumlandia, Trillius, Great Bights Mum, Dreadton, Sundred, North Bratislava, Dar es Saalam, Corfad, Notyoutopia, Newpromisedland, Guer Aike, Koda-Land, Shibutani, Glurponia, Amauri, The Tampa Bay Rays, New Octicarg, Chrikal, PotatoFarmers, Federation Terra Australis, PlanetPunk, Sunto, Spartoptia, Shadowrik, Kwaj, Selfgradatude, Duerrlewang, 1 very fast endotarter, Sockmanland, Frances Francis the First of France, Xentherida, Angshire, Serendipita Martia, Wisconsota, Ponantine, Daiz, Clan Spaniel, Miruma, United Kahndaq, Eri-Maqa-Ena, and 52 others.Nordic-British Union, Kranostav, New Bremerton, Holy Oranz, Sea Ghost, Gnomewatchers, Pasargad, Steampunk Ariel, Yukti, Idumetala, Ethnon, Nothru Lerple, Pazair, The Iron Lions, Wineclaw, New Lakemba, Tachycardia, Phoeba, Avenged Sevenfoldia, Seenvorland, Vincone Cae, Viridiann, Dabarastan, Kasazzastan, Orado, Afcon, United Western Federation, Zyvetskistaahn, Parmovand, Maott, Siwale, Eravonia, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Ravendi, Sil Dorsett, Interdimensional Zone, United Anglo-America, Kaschovia, Pleroma Sans Romans, Umuyyad, Bearical, Jovian Knights, Black Templares, Aratani, Valhalla123, Castle Federation, Empy, Maestros haven, Wodan, Partax, Palgo, and Religioncord.