The Hellenic Kingdom of Gastravon
“Gastravonians are the people of God's victory”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Hellenic Kingdom of Gastravon is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Tyrone Slyferius with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 3.961 billion Gastravonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Orongkungkrae'. The average income tax rate is 96.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Gastravonian economy, worth 838 trillion Ilunns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 211,585 Ilunns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Orongkungkrae''s main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, and voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Gastravon's national animal is the Gastravonian Sapphire Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Gastravon, voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot.
- : Following new legislation in Gastravon, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
- : Gastravon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Gastravon was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Following new legislation in Gastravon, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles.
- : Following new legislation in Gastravon, Orongkungkrae''s main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight.
- : Following new legislation in Gastravon, every school is receiving a brand new eraser.
- : Following new legislation in Gastravon, every day has been a surprise since weather reporters turned to consulting ancient totems for their seven-day forecasts.
- : Following new legislation in Gastravon, an aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time.
- : Following new legislation in Gastravon, everyone wants to be on the guest list for diplomatic parties.
Endorsements Received: 96 » Aumeltopia, Wehraboos, Erinor, Amerion, Aidenfieeld, The Filippinas, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Beepee, Rebel-topia, Xandev, Dasko, Farengeto, Qvait, Zaelith, Hanguk-Nippon, Abarri, Aurcania, Tsvetania, New Briantown, Land Without Shrimp, Sedunn, Mapico, Linguiniland, Bear Connors Paradiso, Bleakfoot, Tsunamy, PenguinPies, Curlyhoward, Bawkie, Techganet, Terran Draconia, Kandorith, Ebonhand, Kringalia, West Pastafaria, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Anserisa, Jehenna, Holy Free, Baltenlands, Marinho Islands, Dis7Nation, Auphelia, Corgitopiaa, Shefino, Sandaoguo, Markla, Drugged Monkeys, and 46 others.Midand, Concrete Slab, Andinla, Myness, Laamiva, Belschaft, Merevane, Tepertopia, Nowa Europa, Phanama, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Zataras, House Ahsanul, Alfama, Brunier, Eskvenn, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Rabbitz, Apartment 11F, Berlana, Western Fardelshufflestein, Rotenaplistan, Drystar, The Imperial Frost Federation, Wakandan Tribes, Treir, Synarion, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, Ceutalia, Freavia, and Ipugao.