The Armed Republic of Zaelith
“We can kill it, even if it doesn't bleed.”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Armed Republic of Zaelith is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Lexi Zaelin with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, enslaved workforce, and ritual sacrifices. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 2.639 billion Zaelithians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zael. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Zaelithian economy, worth 545 trillion Zils a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Gambling. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an amazing 206,590 Zils, with the richest citizens earning 9.9 times as much as the poorest.
Economists claim no news is good news, teachers regularly paddle unruly students, formerly fertile fields are being leached dry of nutrients by intensive farming, and the diplomatic corps tends to open negotiations by insulting all the foreigners in the room. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Zaelith's national animal is the Roadkill, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Zaelith, the diplomatic corps tends to open negotiations by insulting all the foreigners in the room.
- : Following new legislation in Zaelith, formerly fertile fields are being leached dry of nutrients by intensive farming.
- : Following new legislation in Zaelith, teachers regularly paddle unruly students.
- : Following new legislation in Zaelith, economists claim no news is good news.
- : Following new legislation in Zaelith, it's not just poseurs who wear oversized sound-cancelling headphones as they walk the city streets.
- : Following new legislation in Zaelith, a citizen who thinks a slave is a deadbeat is entitled to make the descriptor literally true.
- : Following new legislation in Zaelith, skyscrapers get built in just days.
- : Following new legislation in Zaelith, immigrants are required to salute the flag five times a day.
- : Following new legislation in Zaelith, street gangs rule most of the nation's major cities.
- : Following new legislation in Zaelith, foreign policy often involves bullwhips and leather.
Endorsements Received: 156 » Pencil Sharpeners 2, Wehraboos, Aumeltopia, Erinor, Beepee, Tsunamy, Barabarom, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Saciu, Volaworand, Aidenfieeld, Dasko, Qvait, The Filippinas, Land Without Shrimp, Jehenna, Direwolf1, Hanguk-Nippon, The Solar System Scope, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Curlyhoward, Lambdaland, The Two Jerseys, Yellunstryer, Seliyan progressive Islands, Bear Connors Paradiso, Kiasu-ism, Pamela And Hepatitis, Pax Dracon, Darakin, Si-topia, Nowa Europa, Aurcania, Unidum, Farengeto, Nankyoku Tairiku, Tsvetania, Luddinlande, Havenfell, Los Lonley Boys, Ancient Slobovia, Escevola, Vincent Field, Rebel-topia, Abarri, Rabbitz, St Oaks, Jennaterra, Blaash, USNE2018, and 106 others.Oreo States, Imperial Duck, New Briantown, Antarctic Empires, Wese Zippopiteradgil, Avalonica, Sedunn, Amerion, Mapico, Japanese Federal Republic, Empa Aserium, Nova Montron, Sthalrim, Fighting Kawi Ninja, The Tecorogan Federation, Astraee, Salguod, Free Rad, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Tilipria, North Kanuckistan, Jaxon, Yeldarbsland, Madreia, Realms of Madness, The naked people, Nueva Alta California, Bleakfoot, North Delaware, PenguinPies, Bawkie, Terran Draconia, Ockhamista, Techganet, Tioloman, Rly8h, Gliasco, Ebonhand, Kringalia, West Pastafaria, Anserisa, Humedo, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Kandorith, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Charloa, Grubville, Ralphburg, The Worst army of, Linguiniland, Moonshining, ChickenDome, Tridem, Holy Free, Quh, Kervanosia, Elan Sleazebaganno, Baltenlands, Compli, Marinho Islands, Dis7Nation, Shefino, Andinla, Starsight, Steampunk Engineers, HUElavia, Poopisiya, Gonrati, Vega Naothia, Nova Kobol, Auphelia, Laamiva, The Radanivans, Corgitopiaa, Well F, The Drakan Republic, United States of Vietnam, Royaltica, Sandaoguo, Myness, Drugged Monkeys, Xarbraden, Kedjens, Temaseka, Avia Lavanda, Efferalt, Midand, Concrete Slab, East Lodge, West Fallows, Catillos, Belschaft, B H A R A T, White Bananistan, Sword of Summer, Distrotika, Namhines, Coadjuthen, Gecetesse, Imperial Overmesingel, HOUSE AHSANUL, Weburya, Eirun Sol, Terreno Travato, Merevane, and Philippinia.