The Technocratic Republic of Barfleur
“One for all and all for one”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Technocratic Republic of Barfleur is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Andrew II with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 2.875 billion Barfleurians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Hogue. The average income tax rate is 73.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Barfleurian economy, worth 633 trillion kronor a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 220,216 kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, tombstones are ten feet high to accommodate the names of inhabitants, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain, and orthopaedics patients often have a bounce in their step. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barfleur's national animal is the beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, orthopaedics patients often have a bounce in their step.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, tombstones are ten feet high to accommodate the names of inhabitants.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, throwing garbage out of your house's front window makes it legally someone else's problem.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, tourists flock to see the giant stone carvings of historical leaders at Mount Rushless.
- : Barfleur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, the fire brigade often deal with cases of burnt toast.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages.
Endorsements Received: 92 » H-Zhena, Hizuru, Wiranath, BearStackof2015, Squid Ruinosa, Axdel, The Buckeye States, Someseni, Brotherland, Am Echad, Pakitsk, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Gorbastan, Roliganistan, VW53Aland, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, A Slanted Black Stripe, Liberstankonia, Elejamie, United China Nation, Rakshuland, Mundiferrum, Osterreich und Ungarn, Sericena, Stanisiti, New Bradenia Ghost, Firenation91, Matdor, Brethren, Marrabuk, Stellar Colonies, Taurora, Ridann, Evrigenis, East Malaysia, Rainbow Vests, The island of Kiria, Asendavia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Grossvietnam, Wizardonia, Federated States of Zootron, and 42 others.Stumptopia, Talitoa, Tretrid, Quartzland, ArenaC, AngusEssa, Davinhia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Dark Edgyness, Rohanland, Tshana, Headpat Central, Coruh, Lingu, Ripsylvania, Kalaratri, Acronis, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Euricanis, Peoples Republic of GG, Kaigi, Aivintis, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Sovietsoyuz, Mays Austrian Nation, Technocratic Tagalog, Raunch, Jakubonia, Bai Lung, Woodsind, Drunken Seal Islands, Oofery, Tseriesiscoming, Modra, TM-Jesselton, The Atlae Isles, BuciLand, Filipopol, Quinto Piano, A mean old man, and Rythawelerzi.