The Technocratic Republic of Barfleur
“One for all and all for one”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Technocratic Republic of Barfleur is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Andrew II with an even hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, smutty television, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.314 billion Barfleurians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Administration, and Environment also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Hogue. The average income tax rate is 42.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Barfleurian economy, worth 178 trillion kronor a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Retail. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 135,860 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, government agents stalk the aisles of grocery stores for out-of-stock medications, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans, and dining out often involves beavers on the plate no matter what you order. Crime is totally unknown. Barfleur's national animal is the beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, dining out often involves beavers on the plate no matter what you order.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, government agents stalk the aisles of grocery stores for out-of-stock medications.
- : Barfleur endorsed The Federation of Taurora.
- : Barfleur endorsed The Administrative Federation of Atlia Sonis.
- : Barfleur endorsed The Empire of Celannica.
- : Barfleur was endorsed by The Empire of Celannica.
- : Barfleur was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and Most Developed.
- : Barfleur endorsed The People's Republic of Goodnamesarerare.
- : Barfleur endorsed The Galactic Confederacy of Stellar Colonies.
Endorsements Received: 58 » H-Zhena, Hizuru, Roissyland, Wiranath, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, Taya Dust, BearStackof2015, Squid Ruinosa, The Angel of Charity, Axdel, The Buckeye States, Someseni, Marrico, Thyaclinia, Brotherland, Am Echad, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Pakitsk, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Gorbastan, Roliganistan, VW53Aland, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, Escade, A Slanted Black Stripe, Liberstankonia, Elejamie, United China Nation, Rakshuland, Mundiferrum, Laquara, Osterreich und Ungarn, Sericena, Staynes, Stanisiti, New Bradenia Ghost, Commodore Badger, Encurage, Avakael, Firenation91, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Matdor, and 8 others.Brethren, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Ramaeus, Ballpit2, Marrabuk, Stellar Colonies, and Celannica.