The Most Serene Republic of Iodinia
“For science and prosperity!”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Most Serene Republic of Iodinia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Prime Minister Alexandra Ericsen with a fair hand, and renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.329 billion Iodinians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elaburg. The average income tax rate is 92.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Iodinian economy, worth 322 trillion ionics a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 138,415 ionics, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls, dog owners proudly declare that their pups can predict when the mailman will arrive, and the airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iodinia's national animal is the grey seal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, the airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines.
- : Iodinia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, dog owners proudly declare that their pups can predict when the mailman will arrive.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, the nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, contestants on Iodinia's Got Talent are screened by the government to make sure that they actually have talent.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, people can get away with murder these days.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, there's no such thing as bad publicity.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, laser-wielding robots are taking aim at human hearts.
- : Iodinia was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
Endorsements Received: 74 » VW53Aland, H-Zhena, BearStackof2015, Hizuru, Am Echad, Brotherland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Axdel, Sericena, Someseni, Republic of Berzerkistan, A Slanted Black Stripe, Wersh, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, Kampf Empire, Roliganistan, Liberstankonia, La xinga, Dragons Blood, Asendavia, Brethren, United China Nation, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Stellar Colonies, Matdor, East Malaysia, Kyrloth, Goodnamesarerare, Swiftwhiskers, Cameronia Excellentia, Ridann, Servants of Gizmo, Wiranath, Osterreich und Ungarn, Evrigenis, Modra, Kalaratri, Rainbow Vests, Talitoa, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Fellon, Tretrid, Waldenes, Ripsylvania, Lingu, Acronis, and 24 others.The Eternal Land of Jong, The Three States of Fortuna, Peoples Republic of GG, Staynes, Aivintis, Virgoliaendorses, Mays Austrian Nation, Greater New Cassandra, Oofery, Technocratic Tagalog, Rohanland, SecularNorth, Tseriesiscoming, TM-Jesselton, Imprisoned Freeman, Philville2, Coruh, The Atlae Isles, Filipopol, BuciLand, A mean old man, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, ArenaC, and Catiania.