The Most Serene Republic of Iodinia
“For science and prosperity!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Most Serene Republic of Iodinia is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Alexandra Ericsen with an even hand, and renowned for its absence of drug laws, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 829 million Iodinians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elaburg. The average income tax rate is 71.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Iodinian economy, worth 82.0 trillion ionics a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 98,855 ionics, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly, calling dibs is an unalienable right, and recreational drug businesses are regularly pruned if they grow above the maximum legal size. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iodinia's national animal is the grey seal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iodinia was endorsed by The Nation States Holy Red Jolly of Celannica.
- : Iodinia endorsed The Federation of United China Nation.
- : Iodinia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, recreational drug businesses are regularly pruned if they grow above the maximum legal size.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, calling dibs is an unalienable right.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly.
- : Iodinia was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Iodinia was endorsed by The Federation of United China Nation.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints.
- : Iodinia was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 42 » VW53Aland, H-Zhena, BearStackof2015, Hizuru, Am Echad, Brotherland, Roissyland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Axdel, Marrico, Escade, Janoobi Jazair, Sericena, Staynes, Someseni, Republic of Berzerkistan, A Slanted Black Stripe, Wersh, Valincong, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, Kampf Empire, Commodore Badger, Encurage, Roliganistan, Liberstankonia, Johnny Appleseed1, La xinga, Avakael, Zukchiva, Dragons Blood, Asendavia, Brethren, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Ballpit2, Valdwall, Ramaeus, United China Nation, Marrabuk, and Celannica.