The Federal Republic of Propwash
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Squire
The Federal Republic of Propwash is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, free-roaming dinosaurs, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 10.186 billion Propwashians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Corraine. The average income tax rate is 67.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Propwashian economy, worth a remarkable 1,141 trillion Propwash Dollars a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 112,028 Propwash Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
Military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames, the term cold case has taken on a very literal meaning, graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation', and victims of limb-mauling industrial accidents are told to keep working with their remaining hand. Crime is almost non-existent. Propwash's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Propwash was endorsed by The Empire of Celannica.
- : Following new legislation in Propwash, victims of limb-mauling industrial accidents are told to keep working with their remaining hand.
- : Following new legislation in Propwash, graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation'.
- : Propwash voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Following new legislation in Propwash, the term cold case has taken on a very literal meaning.
- : Propwash endorsed The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Propwash was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Following new legislation in Propwash, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames.
- : Propwash was endorsed by The Benevolent Republic of Valdwall.
- : Following new legislation in Propwash, Leader's speeches are beloved by insomniacs.
Endorsements Received: 91 » Goodnamesarerare, Brotherland, A Slanted Black Stripe, Republic of Berzerkistan, Dragonia, Kaigi, Ridann, Asendavia, Arkantis, ReeK, Ribanzi, Survivoristan, Axdel, Xhaco, Airrajul, H-Zhena, Biggstonia, Kangarawa, Greater New Islew, Eagas, Wiranath, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Mirasiro, The Sacred Whale, Socialist Holy American Empire, Mastariere, Qui sequuntur somnia, Ver Norge, Someseni, Euricanis, British Calradia, United China Nation, Squid Ruinosa, The Happian Union, Marrico, Thyaclinia, Hizuru, Freedom Fascists, Neruch, The Angel of Charity, Arpino, CheeseBurrito, The Holy Utopian Republic, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, VW53Aland, BearStackof2015, Stellar Colonies, Just Vale 2, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, and 41 others.Talitoa, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, The United Asian Republics, Kalaratri, Am Echad, Pakitsk, VoyKovie, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Quark Unit, Liberstankonia, Libertanny, Enlil, Escade, Grossvietnam, Lerasi, Under Sea Desert, Magosconity, Stanisiti, Feuraxia, Commodore Badger, La xinga, Renovatio de Imperium Coreanum, Lucifers Kids, Johnny Appleseed1, Matdor, Servants of Gizmo, Avakael, BNV, Adolanta, Firenation91, Zukchiva, Brethren, BorPup, Dragons Blood, The Rossiyaanian Imperial Guard, Feu de Glace, Ramaeus, Valdwall, Marrabuk, and Celannica.