The Kongelige Forbund of Roliganistan
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Squire
The Kongelige Forbund of Roliganistan is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Gorm den Gamle with a fair hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, smutty television, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 8.068 billion Roliganer enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Healthcare, and Administration also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hafnia. The average income tax rate is 7.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Rolig economy, worth a remarkable 2,899 trillion Kroner a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 359,321 Kroner, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Advertisers scramble to sponsor the broadcast of Gorm den Gamle's most personal functions, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, multiple births are a cause of celebration for tax collectors, and almost half of the child population live rough on the streets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Roliganistan's national animal is the Playful Panda, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Pastafarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Roliganistan, almost half of the child population live rough on the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Roliganistan, multiple births are a cause of celebration for tax collectors.
- : Following new legislation in Roliganistan, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Following new legislation in Roliganistan, advertisers scramble to sponsor the broadcast of Gorm den Gamle's most personal functions.
- : Roliganistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Following new legislation in Roliganistan, insurance companies charge extortionate premiums to cover homes near waterways.
- : Following new legislation in Roliganistan, Rolig police have to pay out of their own pockets for bulletproof vests.
- : Following new legislation in Roliganistan, public toilets are famed for their rear entries.
- : Following new legislation in Roliganistan, mandatory neutering has made purebred dogs a thing of the past.
- : Following new legislation in Roliganistan, grocery stores can be audibly identified by the giggling emerging from them.
Endorsements Received: 174 » A Slanted Black Stripe, Elejamie, Slys Paws, Davinhia, Lyontisia, Goodnamesarerare, Kaigi, Great Aztlatan CommonWealth, Biggstonia, Urimel, The Empire of Rijelv, Brotherland, Adavan, Wizardonia, Dragonia, Federated States of Zootron, Unger under over, Kangarawa, Lanagon, Drunken Seal Islands, Axdel, Asendavia, Am Echad, ReeK, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, H-Zhena, Wiranath, Riveraland, Mastariere, Socialist Holy American Empire, Peryn, Blobbo, Dark Edgyness, Squid Ruinosa, Endertopias, Republic of Berzerkistan, Ridann, VW53Aland, Amjedia, Freedom Fascists, Galve, Neruch, New Leganes, Eagas, Pakitsk, Trimmania, Bullpups, Taurora, Sansangra, Indrapore, and 124 others.Hizuru, New Bradenia Ghost, Rhealaliit, The Almighty Country, Kilkire, Talitoa, Broengtopia, The United Asian Republics, United China Nation, BearStackof2015, Aklevin, Aeljae, Adolanta, Akorial, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Barfleur, Cameronia Excellentia, Chria Deau, Chubaka, Abtracnt, Headpat Central, The United Neo American Union, Bytes, Kalaratri, CopyCato, The Underwood Industrial Empire, Libertanny, Enlil, Dreamersistan, Grossvietnam, Duracell, Euricanis, Enou, Firenation91, La xinga, Gemlon, 3 14159265358979323846264, Harro Waarudho, Hokolokia, Imperial Akatsuki, Iodinia, Impia Aghte, Kelsyth, Servants of Gizmo, Matdor, Dragons Blood, Marrabuk, Joundia, Kavel, Kucia, Liberstankonia, Kublam, East Malaysia, Kyrloth, The Death Syndicate, Evrigenis, Mahatakutana, Martonica, Monezambique, Monteconstance, Rainbow Vests, The Militarius Imperium, North Insomnia, New Liberitad, Nifalembria Zamingstan, Nigon, Yelkinam, FreedomIand, Rage Mage, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Zukchiva, Todd McCloud, Calbee, Propwash, Hobbesistan, Plazland, Republic of New India, Bzux, Trulu, Schrebia, Freedomindia, Lingu, Rohanland, Ripsylvania, Greater New Cassandra, The Three States of Fortuna, BuciLand, Staynes, The Eternal Land of Jong, Tretrid, Khadah, Mays Austrian Nation, Yossito II, Distro-Spartica, Quinto Piano, Under Sea Desert, Tallegaesia, A mean old man, Tassirion, Centrical Union, Technocraticofgivus, Santa Dystopia, Chriona, Survivoristan, Gyp Land, Samaltak True, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Nevertopia, Stellar Colonies, Technocratic Tagalog, Merlovich, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Ephem, Modra, Oofery, Pasedonia, Bachtendekuppen, Layngderfleethe, Kavanos, Horn of Havenkaap, Castle Federation, ArenaC, Neue Leipzig, and Gormhuth.