The Democratic Republic of Enou
“We Will Endure”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Democratic Republic of Enou is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Will Johnson with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, unlimited-speed roads, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.193 billion Enouans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rosrce. The average income tax rate is 66.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Enouan economy, worth 143 trillion books a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 120,334 books, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, angst-filled teenagers are rushing off to buy government bonds for some odd reason, and multiple births are a cause of celebration for tax collectors. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Enou's national animal is the emu, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Enou was endorsed by The Colony of Eastie.
- : Enou was endorsed by The Acting Overseeing Officer of Feu de Glace.
- : Enou was endorsed by The Cinder and Smoke of Tim Stark.
- : Enou was endorsed by The Great Congregation of Brethren.
- : Enou was endorsed by The Fruity Republic of Pisqantinsuyu.
- : Enou was endorsed by The Confederacy of Eagas.
- : Following new legislation in Enou, multiple births are a cause of celebration for tax collectors.
- : Following new legislation in Enou, angst-filled teenagers are rushing off to buy government bonds for some odd reason.
- : Following new legislation in Enou, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
- : Enou was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 47 » Fedele, VW53Aland, Rhealaliit, BearStackof2015, H-Zhena, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Axdel, Hizuru, Wiranath, Roissyland, The Angel of Charity, Janoobi Jazair, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, The Holy Utopian Republic, Kilkire, Someseni, Brotherland, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, Plazland, Cyant, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, United China Nation, Bullpups, Marrico, Escade, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Roliganistan, Sericena, Staynes, Stanisiti, Commodore Badger, Encurage, Mossy-Oak, Avakael, Yemeni Locusts, Zukchiva, Firenation91, Asendavia, Eagas, Brethren, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, and Eastie.