The Bread Loving Folk of Under Upper Antartica
“Let's get this bread”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Bread Loving Folk of Under Upper Antartica is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Bread Mann with an even hand, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, complete lack of prisons, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 3.587 billion Under Upper Antarticans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Environment, Administration, and Industry also on the agenda, while Law & Order and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Breadtown. The average income tax rate is 36.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Under Upper Antartican economy, worth 513 trillion People a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, Gambling, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 143,061 People, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Fat-shaming is now public policy, the new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass", Bread Mann is too busy listening to praise to get any work done, and marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Under Upper Antartica's national animal is the Narwhale, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Toast.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Under Upper Antartica was endorsed by The Democratic States of Tseriesiscoming.
- : Under Upper Antartica was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Under Upper Antartica was endorsed by The United States of Filipopol.
- : Under Upper Antartica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Under Upper Antartica was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Flying Snow.
- : Under Upper Antartica was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Under Upper Antartica was endorsed by The Endorse to 400 of Oofery.
- : Under Upper Antartica was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Moszce-Walvard.
- : Following new legislation in Under Upper Antartica, marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home.
- : Following new legislation in Under Upper Antartica, Bread Mann is too busy listening to praise to get any work done.
Endorsements Received: 72 » H-Zhena, Ridann, The Romanum Legio, Wiranath, Brotherland, Hizuru, Someseni, VW53Aland, Axdel, Am Echad, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Kaigi, Federated States of Zootron, Trimmania, Goodnamesarerare, A Slanted Black Stripe, Libertanny, Liberstankonia, Stanisiti, Kangarawa, Talitoa, The Holy Utopian Republic, Firenation91, Eagas, Matdor, Brethren, Marrabuk, United China Nation, East Malaysia, La xinga, Dragons Blood, Imperial Akatsuki, Euricanis, Evrigenis, Oglandia, Tawuse, Monix, Rainbow Vests, Interdimensional Waifus, The Militarius Imperium, Grossvietnam, The Empire of Rijelv, The Unity Sisters, Lyontisia, Zukchiva, Pakitsk, Stumptopia, and 22 others.Asendavia, Modra, Republic of New India, Trulu, Stellar Colonies, Tretrid, Ripsylvania, Acronis, Greater New Cassandra, The Three States of Fortuna, BuciLand, Staynes, Peoples Republic of GG, The Eternal Land of Jong, Mays Austrian Nation, Jakubonia, Technocratic Tagalog, Moszce-Walvard, Oofery, Filipopol, A mean old man, and Tseriesiscoming.