The Honorable Commonwealth of Pekweng
“Maka-Diyos, Makakalikasan, Makatao, Makabansa”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Honorable Commonwealth of Pekweng is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Rodrigo Santillan with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, devout population of 15.042 billion Pekwengnians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katherinia. The average income tax rate is 95.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Pekwengnian economy, worth a remarkable 1,924 trillion Crons a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 127,949 Crons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes, candidates for public office painstakingly research their family trees to ensure their eligibility, the slowest students feel vaguely targeted by their Mendelian Inheritance coursework, and oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pekweng's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pekweng was endorsed by The Republic of Coruh.
- : Pekweng was endorsed by The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : Pekweng was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds.
- : Pekweng voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, the slowest students feel vaguely targeted by their Mendelian Inheritance coursework.
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, candidates for public office painstakingly research their family trees to ensure their eligibility.
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes.
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, airport announcements inform passengers that flights have been delayed because pilots are having afternoon naps.
- : Pekweng was endorsed by The Unified Tracts of Elejamie.
Endorsements Received: 91 » Bai Lung, The Empire of Rijelv, BearStackof2015, VW53Aland, A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Goodnamesarerare, Axdel, Wiranath, Hizuru, Adolanta, Unger under over, Brotherland, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Socialist Holy American Empire, Am Echad, Pakitsk, United China Nation, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, Republic of Berzerkistan, Libertanny, Liberstankonia, Osterreich und Ungarn, The Almighty Country, Arkantis, Grossvietnam, British Calradia, Wanabe, CopyCato, Galve, Plazland, Slys Paws, Talitoa, Sericena, Stanisiti, Eagas, La xinga, Brethren, Dragons Blood, Marrabuk, Riveraland, Rhealaliit, East Malaysia, Kyrloth, Someseni, Evrigenis, Modra, Rainbow Vests, and 41 others.Habsburg-Lorriane, Ridann, Asendavia, Merlovich, Zukchiva, FreedomIand, Tretrid, Stellar Colonies, Azureano, Ripsylvania, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Peoples Republic of GG, The Eternal Land of Jong, Quinto Piano, Wizardonia, Jakubonia, Mays Austrian Nation, Raunch, Oofery, Federated States of Zootron, Aivintis, Technocratic Tagalog, Greater New Cassandra, Tseriesiscoming, Lanagon, SecularNorth, Harro Waarudho, Qui sequuntur somnia, Propwash, New Leganes, Imprisoned Freeman, Lyontisia, Kucia, Kriov, A mean old man, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, The Atlae Isles, Elejamie, BuciLand, and Coruh.