The United Mangrove Archipelago of Ransium
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The United Mangrove Archipelago of Ransium is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Scipio with an even hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, national health service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 31.705 billion Ransites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Environment, although Healthcare, Social Policy, and Industry are also considered important, while Education and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mangrove City. The average income tax rate is 97.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Ransiumian economy, worth a remarkable 6,670 trillion Cloyns a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 210,381 Cloyns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prematurely retired barristers twitch in anxiety when they talk about their courtroom experiences, the people are famous throughout the region for their perfect yellow teeth, the nation tends not to learn from its history, and the mentally ill are given high powered automatic weapons for "catharsis therapy". Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ransium's national animal is the Tiger Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Mangrovism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the mentally ill are given high powered automatic weapons for "catharsis therapy".
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the nation tends not to learn from its history.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the people are famous throughout the region for their perfect yellow teeth.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, prematurely retired barristers twitch in anxiety when they talk about their courtroom experiences.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, party affiliation is just as irrelevant as campaign promises.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the police force is on a recruitment drive.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, unsolved crimes are often pinned on veterans with PTSD.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the "right of sanctuary" stops police pursuit into temples and churches.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, open-casket funerals are avoided at all cost.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, family isn't who you're born with but who you abandon in foreign countries.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Eryndlynd, Ironic Remarks, Candlewhisper Archive, Velkia and the Islands, Esterild, Feladria, Cannibaland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Caterasia, Love and Nature, Chilledsville, Canaltia, Ziotah and Riverside, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Forgotten Beauty, Sacara, Wantevolo, The Black Forrest, Cat-Herders United, Window Land, Novian Republics, Artemis, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Bananaistan, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Bregaria, Cheloboria, Crowacia, Snjor, Blon Gre, Marimoland, Appendia, Effazio, Bilsa, Ashrah, Girelna, Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, Tscharva, Gorthias, Bestburg, Alcantaria, Roless, Norginlajicratefe, Cikya, and 27 others.East Stederland, Manniskoslaktet, Lura, Ruinenlust, Turbeaux, Simbolon, Middle Barael, The Most Serene Republicans, Terrabod, Kannap, Garbelia, Uniania Geeth, Kepler-0085, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Dark Chocolate Enthusiasts, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Daarwyrth, New Ladavia, Uan aa Boa, Ordealius, Foir, Doxstern, McClandia Doge 2, Jutsa, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, and Verdant Haven.