The Federated Bailiwicks of Verdant Haven
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Federated Bailiwicks of Verdant Haven is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Iskandar Viridi with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, national health service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cheerful population of 4.429 billion Havenians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haventia. The average income tax rate is 95.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Verdant Havenian economy, worth 614 trillion Verdethalers a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 138,687 Verdethalers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Verdant Havenian police have to pay out of their own pockets for bulletproof vests, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, you can say what you like about the genocidal murderers that rule Verdant Haven but at least the trains run on time, and the nation's most "productive" diamond mine hasn't been operational for seven months. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Verdant Haven's national animal is the Thylacine, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Verdant Haven, the nation's most "productive" diamond mine hasn't been operational for seven months.
- : Following new legislation in Verdant Haven, you can say what you like about the genocidal murderers that rule Verdant Haven but at least the trains run on time.
- : Verdant Haven endorsed The Free People of Talgarth.
- : Verdant Haven was endorsed by The Free People of Talgarth.
- : Verdant Haven endorsed The Unspecified Civilisation of Bestburg.
- : Verdant Haven was endorsed by The Unspecified Civilisation of Bestburg.
- : Verdant Haven voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Verdant Haven lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Verdant Haven lost the endorsement of The Armed Republic of The Young Ur.
- : Verdant Haven was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Canaltia, Ruinenlust, Turbeaux, Ransium, Wantevolo, Frieden-und Freudenland, Dwardossa, Ownzone, Candlewhisper Archive, The Black Forrest, Cat-Herders United, Feladria, Window Land, Reannia, Edible Plywood, Eryndlynd, Novian Republics, Vanenia, Entitize, Artemis, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Ironic Remarks, Octopus Islands, Plifte, Jutsa, Love and Nature, Ziotah and Riverside, Bregaria, Euso, Nimros, Lura, Greyveldt, Kawastyselir, Kinectia, Aeterno Tranquillitas, The Void Territories, Taco Respublic, Bananaistan, Eaven, Forgotten Beauty, Fahx, Rippardine, Murmuria, Palos Heights, Caterasia, Snjor, Cheloboria, Chilledsville, The New Bluestocking Homeland, and 21 others.Blon Gre, Krisylia, Appendia, Burkhai, Effazio, Bakwaas, Girelna, Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, Middle Barael, Deontologia, Groenwald, Atsvea, Tscharva, New Ladavia, Pythaga, McClandia Doge 2, North doyooni, New Kvenland, Bestburg, and Talgarth.