The Sarcasm Tag of Canaltia
“See my RMB posts”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Sarcasm Tag of Canaltia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Jason North with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.46 billion Canaltians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bondiclav. The average income tax rate is 98.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Canaltian economy, worth a remarkable 1,475 trillion pence a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 228,332 pence, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit, politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days, heartfelt sentiments are mercilessly marketed by a million-pence treacle machine, and every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead. Crime is totally unknown. Canaltia's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is pointless.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Canaltia endorsed The Dogtatorship of Hoochlandia.
- : Canaltia was endorsed by The Dogtatorship of Hoochlandia.
- : Canaltia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Canaltia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Canaltia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Canaltia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
- : Canaltia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Altino".
- : Canaltia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities"".
- : Canaltia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Canaltia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ensuring Effectual Recycling".
Endorsements Received: 70 » Ruinenlust, Chilledsville, The Black Forrest, Candlewhisper Archive, Ransium, Ownzone, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Ziotah and Riverside, Kawastyselir, Dwardossa, Feladria, Turbeaux, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Entitize, Eryndlynd, Cannibaland, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Ironic Remarks, Forgotten Beauty, Caterasia, Window Land, Wantevolo, Verdant Haven, Sacara, Cat-Herders United, Love and Nature, Edible Plywood, Novian Republics, Artemis, Greyveldt, Ordand, Eaven, Kinectia, Hyon Delta, Bananaistan, Plifte, Octopus Islands, Lura, Bregaria, Tur Ada, Palos Heights, Cheloboria, Krisylia, Ashrah, Blon Gre, Frieden-und Freudenland, Bilsa, Appendia, and 20 others.Effazio, Pen Blanityion, Anachronolandia, Atsvea, Deontologia, Tscharva, Middle Barael, Pythaga, Girelna, New Kvenland, South Wal Saland, Forestal, Roless, Norginlajicratefe, Talgarth, BEKM, Alcantaria, Jutsa, New Ladavia, and Hoochlandia.