The Tsardom of Lura
“Wisdom and wit are the most powerful weapons of all”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Tsardom of Lura is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Tsar Sorejo III with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 1.98 billion Lurans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lunaja-Solare. The average income tax rate is 89.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Luran economy, worth 253 trillion perpers a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 128,030 perpers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-perper mansions, many friends and relatives of Tsar Sorejo III have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations, the government is deliberately installing bloatware onto computers, and pocket calculators are seen as status symbols for the ostentatiously wealthy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lura's national animal is the tuatara, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Following new legislation in Lura, pocket calculators are seen as status symbols for the ostentatiously wealthy.
- : Lura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Lura lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Lura endorsed The Dogtatorship of Hoochlandia.
- : Lura was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Adaline.
- : Lura was endorsed by The Dogtatorship of Hoochlandia.
- : Lura was endorsed by The Allied States of Julunaphra.
- : Lura was endorsed by The United Syndicates of Litauengrad.
- : Following new legislation in Lura, the government is deliberately installing bloatware onto computers.
Endorsements Received: 73 » The Void Territories, Ransium, Ruinenlust, Ownzone, Bregaria, Ziotah and Riverside, Eryndlynd, Verdant Haven, Bananaistan, Turbeaux, Entitize, Reannia, Feladria, Novian Republics, Greyveldt, Love and Nature, Frieden-und Freudenland, Window Land, Ironic Remarks, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Hyon Delta, Forgotten Beauty, Canaltia, Kawastyselir, Dwardossa, Edible Plywood, The Black Forrest, Ordand, Cheloboria, Artemis, Blon Gre, Caterasia, Kinectia, Krisylia, Bilsa, Appendia, Tur Ada, Ashrah, Cat-Herders United, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Anachronolandia, Effazio, Chilledsville, Pen Blanityion, Vanenia, Deontologia, Atsvea, Middle Barael, Crowacia, Tscharva, and 23 others.Eaven, Girelna, Taco Respublic, Pythaga, New Kvenland, Roless, Talgarth, South Wal Saland, Norginlajicratefe, Forestal, BEKM, Alcantaria, Itini, East Stederland, Cikya, La Merced, Jutsa, Terrabod, Simmer, Litauengrad, Julunaphra, Hoochlandia, and Adaline.