The Tsardom of Lura
“If dreams can't come true, then why not pretend?”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Tsardom of Lura is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Tsar Sorejo III with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate population of 3.392 billion Lurans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lunaja-Solare. The average income tax rate is 92.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Luran economy, worth 479 trillion perpers a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 141,348 perpers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned tuataraball fields, politicians have tenure, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, and the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lura's national animal is the tuatara, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lura was endorsed by The Gohulian Republic of Bunkaiia.
- : Lura endorsed The Gohulian Republic of Bunkaiia.
- : Lura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protected Working Leave"".
- : Following new legislation in Lura, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused.
- : Following new legislation in Lura, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- : Following new legislation in Lura, politicians have tenure.
- : Following new legislation in Lura, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned tuataraball fields.
- : Lura endorsed The Republic of Jade Island.
- : Lura endorsed The Not So Holy Purple Land of Pythaga.
- : Lura was endorsed by The Not So Holy Purple Land of Pythaga.
Endorsements Received: 92 » The Void Territories, Ransium, Ruinenlust, Ownzone, Bregaria, Ziotah and Riverside, Eryndlynd, Verdant Haven, Bananaistan, Turbeaux, Entitize, Reannia, Feladria, Novian Republics, Love and Nature, Frieden-und Freudenland, Window Land, Ironic Remarks, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Hyon Delta, Forgotten Beauty, Canaltia, Kawastyselir, The Black Forrest, Ordand, Cheloboria, Artemis, Blon Gre, Caterasia, Bilsa, Appendia, Ashrah, Cat-Herders United, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Anachronolandia, Effazio, Chilledsville, Pen Blanityion, Deontologia, Atsvea, Middle Barael, Crowacia, Tscharva, Girelna, Taco Respublic, Roless, Norginlajicratefe, Alcantaria, East Stederland, Jutsa, and 42 others.Terrabod, Litauengrad, Hoochlandia, Simbolon, The Rhuarc Bastion, The Most Serene Republicans, Zinguanaville, Kannap, The Long Valley, Garbelia, Uniania Geeth, Blue Nagia, Cuillin, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Edible Plywood, Dark Chocolate Enthusiasts, Uan aa Boa, The Fabulous Islands, Ancorai, Kepler-0085, Daarwyrth, New Ladavia, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Dasche, Lugnan, Doxstern, New Autarky, Shalotte, Ordealius, McClandia Doge 2, Twiliydawn, Eaven, Central Dintinia, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, New Kvenland, Niyebe, New Latin Locality, Wizardonia, East Skirsburg, Pythaga, and Bunkaiia.