The Colony of Chilledsville
“Smile! It's not that bad!”
|Category: Authoritarian Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Colony of Chilledsville is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chilledenuff with an even hand, and renowned for its avant-garde cinema, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, humorless population of 11.333 billion Chilledsvilleans are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Hub. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Chilledsvillean economy, worth a remarkable 3,442 trillion Groats a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 303,754 Groats, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade, children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban, hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead", and nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chilledsville's national animal is the Sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chilledsville was endorsed by The Dogtatorship of Hoochlandia.
- : Chilledsville voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Chilledsville voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Chilledsville endorsed The Not So Holy Purple Land of Pythaga.
- : Following new legislation in Chilledsville, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers.
- : Following new legislation in Chilledsville, hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead".
- : Following new legislation in Chilledsville, children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban.
- : Following new legislation in Chilledsville, both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade.
- : Following new legislation in Chilledsville, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy.
- : Chilledsville's influence in Forest fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
Endorsements Received: 42 » Ownzone, Candlewhisper Archive, Ransium, Ironic Remarks, Frieden-und Freudenland, Ruinenlust, Dwardossa, Cannibaland, Canaltia, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Kawastyselir, Eryndlynd, Ziotah and Riverside, Turbeaux, Feladria, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Entitize, Window Land, Wantevolo, Cat-Herders United, Caterasia, Novian Republics, Edible Plywood, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Octopus Islands, Verdant Haven, Palos Heights, Love and Nature, Appendia, Blon Gre, Lura, Anachronolandia, Greyveldt, Atsvea, Effazio, Talgarth, Jutsa, Middle Barael, Pythaga, and Hoochlandia.