The Beauty Land of Bilsa
“Pray The Goddess”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Beauty Land of Bilsa is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Bolbon with an iron fist, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 9.067 billion Bists are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Environment, although Education, Industry, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Welfare and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cëcims. The average income tax rate is 76.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Bist economy, worth a remarkable 1,272 trillion Bists a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 140,317 Bists, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
People who have never eaten chicken are told it tastes a bit like crocodile, the people of Bilsa are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes, the nation's entire cultural heritage is being auctioned off to the rich, and Mona Lola's famous mysterious smile is being altered to resemble Bolbon's enigmatic grin. Crime is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Bilsa's national animal is the Bubu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Sun.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bilsa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ensuring Effectual Recycling".
- : Bilsa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Marine Protection Act".
- : Following new legislation in Bilsa, Mona Lola's famous mysterious smile is being altered to resemble Bolbon's enigmatic grin.
- : Following new legislation in Bilsa, the nation's entire cultural heritage is being auctioned off to the rich.
- : Following new legislation in Bilsa, the people of Bilsa are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes.
- : Bilsa was endorsed by The Not So Holy Purple Land of Pythaga.
- : Bilsa was endorsed by The Collection of Ironic Remarks.
- : Bilsa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Land Reclamation Regulation".
- : Bilsa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "GMO International Trade Accord".
- : Bilsa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Restrictions on Forced Eugenics".