The Mysterious black holə of Roless
“We have NOTHING to do with our 92% disappearance rate.”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Mysterious black holə of Roless is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by the funky badger of greatness with an iron fist, and remarkable for its parental licensing program, public floggings, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 5.01 billion Rolessians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order, Administration, and Education also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ichasa. The average income tax rate is 94.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Rolessian economy, worth a remarkable 1,491 trillion Rezzats a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 297,662 Rezzats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children are encouraged to fail at school so as not to appear too enlightened, it takes all playtime for children to locate their friends among two hundred identical heads, there's a literal nanny state for the legions of children taken by social services, and Jack Russells have proven to be terrible spies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Roless's national animal is the Funky badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is funkyism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Roless, Jack Russells have proven to be terrible spies.
- : Following new legislation in Roless, there's a literal nanny state for the legions of children taken by social services.
- : Following new legislation in Roless, it takes all playtime for children to locate their friends among two hundred identical heads.
- : Following new legislation in Roless, children are encouraged to fail at school so as not to appear too enlightened.
- : Roless was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Roless lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Roless, the government is a law unto itself.
- : Following new legislation in Roless, government employees from Roless dominate international lumberjack competitions.
- : Roless changed its national motto to "We have NOTHING to do with our 92% disappearance rate.".
- : Following new legislation in Roless, the phrase 'spreading like wildfire' is no longer in the public lexicon.
Endorsements Received: 35 » Ownzone, Ruinenlust, Lura, Verdant Haven, Ransium, Middle Barael, Turbeaux, Atsvea, Novian Republics, Cat-Herders United, Feladria, Anachronolandia, Hyon Delta, Canaltia, Ordand, Caterasia, Simbolon, Effazio, The Most Serene Republicans, Terrabod, Crowacia, Garbelia, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Daarwyrth, Dark Chocolate Enthusiasts, Kepler-0085, Kawastyselir, Doxstern, Hoochlandia, Ordealius, Jutsa, East Skirsburg, and Biae.