The United Kingdom of The-British-Isles
“Dieu et mon droit”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The United Kingdom of The-British-Isles is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Richard John Walter with an even hand, and renowned for its national health service, compulsory military service, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, devout population of 2.31 billion Britons are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. The average income tax rate is 69.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The The-British-Islesian economy, worth 116 trillion Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 50,278 Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The legislature keeps promising "more study" of corruption allegations against the parliamentary whip system, commemoration of the Great Europe War costs almost as much as the war itself, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies, and the nation is automatically assumed to be the source of all unmarked weapons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The-British-Isles's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Anglicanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The-British-Isles was endorsed by The Republic of Limburgvolk.
- : The-British-Isles was endorsed by The Fifth Dual Republics of Kanokla.
- : The-British-Isles was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Estellan.
- : The-British-Isles was endorsed by The Parliamentary Republic of Trixeland.
- : The-British-Isles was endorsed by The República Democrática of The New Mexican Confederation.
- : Following new legislation in The-British-Isles, the nation is automatically assumed to be the source of all unmarked weapons.
- : Following new legislation in The-British-Isles, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies.
- : Following new legislation in The-British-Isles, commemoration of the Great Europe War costs almost as much as the war itself.
- : Following new legislation in The-British-Isles, the legislature keeps promising "more study" of corruption allegations against the parliamentary whip system.
- : Following new legislation in The-British-Isles, adultery has been made a capital offence.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Yahlia, Thracia Republic, Saint Domingo, Irminsulia, Jim the Baptist, Northern German Federation, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Lovisa, The New Nordic Union, North of Americas, GanymedEuropa, St Scarlett, Nardin, Dark Matter, Outer Sparta, Republic of Satherland, Slavorussia, Supcotia, An Clar, Estonesia, Stromia, Imperium Anglorum, Walfo, Parliamentary Laramidia, Mallesia, British Norklon, Regnum Italiae, The Mongol Plain, Lord Sapre, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Neuchateau, Feria-Alkaline, Alsted, Shagolaa, The Champions League, Prussian-Union, Invernessia, Someseni, Destyntine, Lyallpur, Shaor, Leranditale, Savinecross, The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, Abject Ludicrosity, Elisabethshagen, Socialist Balkans, The Kingdom of Denmark, and 22 others.Terdiatlans, Jahass, Imperium Germaniae, The Oriental Empire, Grodisze, Sienkahn, Chronus, Azitupia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Enway, Meropis, Rivierenland, Crestphalia, Drew Durrnil, Othenhiem, Dizgovzy, Pavaludia, United Engiresco, The New Mexican Confederation, Trixeland, Estellan, and Kanokla.