The Federal Socialist Republic of Ziotah and Riverside
“For the many.”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Federal Socialist Republic of Ziotah and Riverside is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by The Prime Minister with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.251 billion Ziotans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lindon. The average income tax rate is 96.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Ziotan economy, worth a remarkable 1,384 trillion Zios a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 149,626 Zios, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The "right of sanctuary" stops police pursuit into temples and churches, there's a lot of hot air coming from the Capitol Building, Mountain Blue Jay is one of the most popular forenames in Ziotah and Riverside, and the government has begun selling heroin and ecstasy to help fund its projects. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ziotah and Riverside's national animal is the Mountain Blue Jay, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ziotah and Riverside endorsed The Grand Duchy of Rivienland.
- : Ziotah and Riverside endorsed The Theocracy of Heidgaudr.
- : Ziotah and Riverside was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Rivienland.
- : Ziotah and Riverside was endorsed by The Theocracy of Heidgaudr.
- : Ziotah and Riverside endorsed The Kingdom of Paplia.
- : Ziotah and Riverside was endorsed by The Kingdom of Paplia.
- : Ziotah and Riverside voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : Ziotah and Riverside voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Ziotah and Riverside voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Ziotah and Riverside voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
Endorsements Received: 44 » Ruinenlust, Dwardossa, Ownzone, Ironic Remarks, Canaltia, Ransium, Chilledsville, Feladria, Turbeaux, Reannia, Eryndlynd, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Frieden-und Freudenland, Forgotten Beauty, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Love and Nature, Window Land, Wantevolo, Cat-Herders United, Caterasia, Entitize, Novian Republics, Edible Plywood, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Verdant Haven, Bregaria, Lura, Greyveldt, Palos Heights, Rippardine, Cheloboria, Appendia, Blon Gre, Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, Groenwald, Burkhai, Atsvea, McClandia Doge 2, Deontologia, Paplia, Heidgaudr, and Rivienland.