The Principality of Bareu
“Audi, Vide, Tace”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Principality of Bareu is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prince Charles II with an even hand, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful population of 6.62 billion Bareuans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lübeek. The average income tax rate is 39.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bareuan economy, worth a remarkable 1,146 trillion Bareuan Kronor a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 173,183 Bareuan Kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, cheap and tasteless vegetables flood the markets, halberds are common 18th birthday presents, and the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees. Crime is totally unknown. Bareu's national animal is the Stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bareu was endorsed by The Morning Peace of Apabeossie.
- : Following new legislation in Bareu, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
- : Following new legislation in Bareu, halberds are common 18th birthday presents.
- : Following new legislation in Bareu, cheap and tasteless vegetables flood the markets.
- : Following new legislation in Bareu, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home.
- : Bareu voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
- : Bareu published "[WIP] Homepage — bareu.gov.bu" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Bareu changed its national nation type to "Principality".
- : Following new legislation in Bareu, Jennifer Government is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in Bareu, a murderous reputation can revitalise a flagging celebrity career.
Endorsements Received: 84 » Saint Domingo, Yahlia, Republic of Satherland, Regnum Italiae, Imperium Anglorum, Eritei, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, St Scarlett, Irminsulia, Thracia Republic, Northern German Federation, Dark Matter, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Walfo, Toaddia, Prussian-Union, Jim the Baptist, Stromia, Elisabethshagen, The New Nordic Union, Feria-Alkaline, An Clar, Outer Sparta, Alsted, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, The Champions League, Invernessia, Pilipinas and Malaya, Nardin, Someseni, GanymedEuropa, Destyntine, Savinecross, Neuchateau, Lyallpur, Leranditale, North of Americas, Sloburg, The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, Shaor, Leszno, Othenhiem, Abject Ludicrosity, Socialist Balkans, The Kingdom of Denmark, Wombelland, Terdiatlans, Jahass, Mons Graupius, and 34 others.Maritzal, Rivierenland, Kalifer and Baska, Maraleeri, ENOTRIA, Bathera, Imperium Germaniae, Galway-Dublin, Moravian-Silesian Kingdom, Slavonia and Srijem, Sukitopia, Velosia, Thracia and Crimea, Novabritannia, Sienkahn, The Reunited Yugoslavs, The British Royalist Union, Azitupia, NorthPortugal, Meropis, Drew Durrnil, Crestphalia, South St Maarten, Mallesia, Pavaludia, Dizgovzy, Francitanie, United Engiresco, Anskerdank, The States of Texas and Arkansas, The New Mexican Confederation, Trixeland, Kanokla, and Apabeossie.