The Guardian of the Seven Seas of Levont
“The sea does not like to be restrained.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Guardian of the Seven Seas of Levont is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Poseidon with an even hand, and notable for its ritual sacrifices, anti-smoking policies, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 2.348 billion Levontians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Atlantis. The average income tax rate is 68.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Levontian economy, worth 372 trillion Aureuses a year, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 158,713 Aureuses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs, police reduce their paperwork by refusing to arrest anyone, thousands of former welfare recipients are in a revolutionary uproar as the rest of society is enjoying a hefty tax break, and children have lost interest in toy guns in favor of toy meth lab kits. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Levont's national animal is the Bull, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Hellenic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Levont was endorsed by The Pontifical Republic of Sancta Romana Ecclesia.
- : Levont endorsed The Federation of Velonea.
- : Levont endorsed The Pontifical Republic of Sancta Romana Ecclesia.
- : Levont endorsed The Borderlands of Nova Vandalia.
- : Levont endorsed The Suspicious Hills of The Litterbox.
- : Levont endorsed The Republic of Cysptits.
- : Following new legislation in Levont, children have lost interest in toy guns in favor of toy meth lab kits.
- : Following new legislation in Levont, thousands of former welfare recipients are in a revolutionary uproar as the rest of society is enjoying a hefty tax break.
- : Levont was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Levont, police reduce their paperwork by refusing to arrest anyone.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Pluvie, Takura, Laniron, Robo Communism, Cannabish, Erroria, Krishna Rashtra, Neir Mordia, Pratiloma, Randomcrita, Hanneria, Empirical Switzerland, Sale Westiftiveis, Rathanur, Acrat Oppertrartscal, Elvaeia Regnum, Lurmenia, Doorkingtonia, Crashtasia, Maximalist, Almaz Aralia, Vjoy, Saleaxeana, Beansburrow, Sukkun, The Moroccan Kingdom, Jonica, Aryavrath, Fuzzbuckets, Tezikstan, Scunt, IB Larioth, Takh Avros, Audysey, Grandidierite, Sanjikurisa, Epicurean Federation, The Wayfarer, 1956, Plasma, Austria TwoPointO, Ghad, East Borgia, Akomimmiyuk, Roslake, Kjiit, LiLi Limed, WhateverMaaaaan, Ryuujin, The nepal himalayas, and 4 others.Armah Leo, Nova Vandalia, The Litterbox, and Sancta Romana Ecclesia.