The Republic of Courelli
“Nobilitatis virtus non stemma character”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: The Social Liberal Union
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
The Republic of Courelli is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Governor Joshua B Thomas with a fair hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, smutty television, and digital currency. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.641 billion Courellians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Leoncavallo. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Courellian economy, worth a remarkable 1,563 trillion Golden Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 180,983 Golden Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Governor Joshua B Thomas can often be found attempting to coax random citizens' cats down from trees, artists are pillars of society, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Governor Joshua B Thomas's bedroom, and it turns out you can teach cats new tricks. Crime is totally unknown. Courelli's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Dalinism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Courelli, it turns out you can teach cats new tricks.
- : Following new legislation in Courelli, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Governor Joshua B Thomas's bedroom.
- : Following new legislation in Courelli, artists are pillars of society.
- : Following new legislation in Courelli, Governor Joshua B Thomas can often be found attempting to coax random citizens' cats down from trees.
- : Courelli was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Courelli voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Courelli voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Following new legislation in Courelli, Governor Joshua B Thomas has more friends than ever before.
- : Following new legislation in Courelli, internal strife within the Red Bloc crumbles in the face of fiery rhetoric.
- : Following new legislation in Courelli, an endless multinational bureaucracy connects the Red Bloc.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Vancovaria, North American Republics, Drennicka, Brys questions, Monserria, Crindent, New Ariesian, Kanoria, Thirst Aaj Kal, Harndon, Prplia, Ethics Committee, Anaaxes, Toonela, Koiho, Aeoa, Goncar, Glimerusa, Jyskmark, Neoruba, Federalized States, Hirematia, Cairan, Augusticia, Ramelia, Paschimbanga, Republic of Desmondia, Asminoland, Sodenia, Ilargia Lurrana, Heejunia, Soyo Vax, Croanique, Azkachena, Promencia, The Reformed Beehive, SillySongsWithLarry, The Gideon Islands, Kunimu, Markasia, Lavta, Qytopia, Incredibilis, Dethin, Helvurium, The Snori Islands, Bolyandia, Eque, Lyshoria, Gnoireent, and 13 others.Flowera, Sierra Arali, Humantus, Astranomia, A Shady Place, St Crystal Island, Geraro, United states of peoplesc, Teranto, Taimay, Sonddria, Precipe, and Erynia and Draconia.