The Commonwealth of Australia of Vancouver Straits
“Advance Australia! Vooruitgaan Australië!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: Commonwealth of Liberty
Regional Influence: Page
The Commonwealth of Australia of Vancouver Straits is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister Paul Ackerman with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.366 billion Australians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Canberra. The average income tax rate is 48.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Australian economy, worth 233 trillion Australian Dollar AUD$s a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 98,642 Australian Dollar AUD$s, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections, the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative, wood-framed catapults are ready to launch diseased corpses into besieged cities, and people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vancouver Straits's national animal is the Kangaroo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Secular.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vancouver Straits was endorsed by The Republic of Prosperitet.
- : Vancouver Straits withdrew its vote on the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Vancouver Straits voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Vancouver Straits voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Vancouver Straits voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Vancouver Straits was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Vancouver Straits endorsed The People's Republic of The Last Soviets.
- : Vancouver Straits endorsed The Federation of York Zionia.
- : Vancouver Straits was endorsed by The Federation of York Zionia.
- : Vancouver Straits voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Northern Borland"".
Endorsements Received: 24 » Philanialle, Ranponian, Cascadla, Metropolitan Francais, Paramountica, Nileia, Ghedeland, Nevbrejnovitz, Canovia, The New Palaces, New Iredale, Etheinia, Celdonie, Vorela, Bachover, New Provenance, Cinigard, Clannadia, Ancuna, Jersey Republic, La Peninsula de Falconia, Southern Zirenydian, New Odessius, and Prosperitet.