The People's Empire of The Skrogs
“Skrogs united will never be defeated”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The Western Isles
Regional Influence: Minnow
The People's Empire of The Skrogs is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Supreme Leader with an even hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, free-roaming dinosaurs, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed population of 1.746 billion Skroglings have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Subterranean Citadel of The Skrogs. The average income tax rate is 88.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Skrogsian economy, worth 271 trillion Skrumps a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 155,689 Skrumps, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Frat-house partying has become the national pastime, sections of the police receive paramilitary training, the cruise missile launchers on the field hospital roof are purely deterrent in purpose, and grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Skrogs's national animal is the Koala, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Skrogs was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Following new legislation in The Skrogs, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly.
- : Following new legislation in The Skrogs, the cruise missile launchers on the field hospital roof are purely deterrent in purpose.
- : Following new legislation in The Skrogs, sections of the police receive paramilitary training.
- : The Skrogs voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Europeia"".
- : Following new legislation in The Skrogs, frat-house partying has become the national pastime.
- : Following new legislation in The Skrogs, pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty.
- : Following new legislation in The Skrogs, old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime.
- : The Skrogs was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : The Skrogs voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights for Crime Victims Act".