The Democratic Republic of Macadia
“Liberty, For the People”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: Conch Kingdom
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Democratic Republic of Macadia is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, frequent executions, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 471 million Macadians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kayan City. The average income tax rate is 40.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Macadian economy, worth 37.5 trillion redbacks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 79,513 redbacks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Former arsonists can be found on local fire brigades, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets, bailiffs must face down a fusillade of depleted uranium rounds, and soldiers must key in their passwords every time they want to reload their weapons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Macadia's national animal is the donkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Macadia was endorsed by The Republic of United Kingdom of the Conch Kingdom.
- : Macadia was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Koneule.
- : Macadia was endorsed by The Republic of Olornia.
- : Following new legislation in Macadia, soldiers must key in their passwords every time they want to reload their weapons.
- : Macadia was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Ropen.
- : Macadia withdrew a proposal from the WA General Assembly titled "Repeal "LGBTIQA Inclusiveness in Schools Act"".
- : Macadia submitted a proposal to the General Assembly Repeals Board entitled "Repeal "LGBTIQA Inclusiveness in Schools Act"".
- : Macadia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Confederacy of Layem"".
- : Macadia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "End Collective Punishment".
- : Macadia was endorsed by The Not so Capitalist Nation of The Capitalist China Party.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Ziroxeut, Nibelia, Pervincia, Terra-Prisma, Red Finlandian Guard, Yummasia, Adalwulf, Socialist Platypus, Hubdova, Cubanboys, Americo-Federation, Liberto-Ancapistan, Charville, Celestial Flames, Jolly Industries, Duby, Aether Inc, Lugunica, Timiskrane, Hockeyyekcoh, LC Land, Parasano, Sri Malawi, Shemrock, Thembery Argrand, Galliadurm, Khlachten, Meowtremulous, Ist Grald Boy, Tee Googly Coffee Me, Spoolland, Panerialand, Loveable Dogs, Nordharz, Talvi, South Blorbo, Tie-Died Chinchillas, Revendani, Unidentified-nation, East Capitalistan, Novo Reslas, Bathelonat, Lislandia, The Capitalist China Party, Ropen, Olornia, Koneule, and United Kingdom of the Conch Kingdom.