The Union of Egoists of Little Woodhouse
“Whoever will be free must make themself free”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: The Internationale
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Union of Egoists of Little Woodhouse is a gargantuan, genial nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 37.789 billion Little Woodhouseans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Little Woodhousean economy, worth a remarkable 6,960 trillion Proletarian Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 184,197 Proletarian Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Modelling agencies send their clients to work in nursing homes, politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Little Woodhousean politicians, and politicians spend a lot of time hanging around kids' playgrounds. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Little Woodhouse's national animal is the running dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Joseon-Goryeo.
- : Little Woodhouse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The Free Land of Soviet States of Latin America.
- : Little Woodhouse endorsed Bernieland republic.
- : Little Woodhouse changed its national motto to "Whoever will be free must make themself free".
- : Little Woodhouse altered its national flag.
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by Ruminovskai.
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by Omnos island.
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by Somiens-et-haveras.
- : Little Woodhouse was endorsed by The Autonomous Collective of Agrase.