The Royal Dominion of Candensia
“Everything for the people.”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Location: The Hole To Hide In
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Royal Dominion of Candensia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by King Zen II with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, absence of drug laws, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working population of 8.872 billion Candensians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alriora. The average income tax rate is 87.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Candensian economy, worth a remarkable 1,522 trillion Andens a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 171,644 Andens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Third world countries are rich in "I Love Alriora" t-shirts, vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR, every citizen sounds like a television news anchor, and King Zen II's new door-knocking campaign has the sweet taste of success. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Candensia's national animal is the Silverwing Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Candensia endorsed The Grand Duchy of Actagaul.
- : Candensia was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Actagaul.
- : Candensia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Safety Regulations for Trade Route Canals".
- : Candensia approved the World Assembly proposal "Protection of Apostates".
- : Candensia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Vinrossia.
- : Candensia approved the World Assembly proposal "End Conversion Therapy".
- : Candensia approved the World Assembly proposal "Safety Regulations for Trade Route Canals".
- : The Lenlyvitian Colony of Terra Voltera renamed the office held by Candensia from "Co-Founder" to "Minister of Foreign Affairs" in The Hole To Hide In.
- : Candensia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Toxic Heavy Metals Act"".
- : Candensia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
Endorsements Received: 35 » What The Heckoslovakia, Schwypia, Khosrau, Klusis, The Atomic Schism, South Hyrijahzol, Evacasia, Masaniay, Exbrenia, Conglagateia, Basaran, South Easthern, Cenagrad, Kynthes, Artaecus, Transnister, Rumanian States, Ardiveds, Kemonomica, The Charlesland, Yalgora, Saint Shokai, Vacoul, Srednjaci, Vennos, Orsini, Fardland Mark 2, Northern New Solingarch, Guessara, Empire of Gora, The Ansalonian States, Hytharia, Jingcai-Wutuobang, Vinrossia, and Actagaul.