The Lucky holy golden of Bormiar
“Nationstates moo friendship”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Lucky holy golden of Bormiar is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Kyo with an even hand, and renowned for its digital currency, compulsory vegetarianism, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 4.588 billion Bormiarian have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Delegateorgitopia - The City of Rejects. The average income tax rate is 59.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bormiarian economy, worth 445 trillion Gold Bars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Retail, Uranium Mining, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 97,185 Gold Bars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Autocrats are persona non grata, hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead", modelling agencies send their clients to work in nursing homes, and libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bormiar's national animal is the ghost, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Kyorgism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bormiar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Bormiar, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
- : Following new legislation in Bormiar, modelling agencies send their clients to work in nursing homes.
- : Bormiar resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Bormiar was endorsed by The Communist Easter Egg Kingdom of Fauzjhia.
- : Bormiar lodged a message on the The Rejected Realms Regional Message Board.
- : Bormiar published "TRR RMB Awards — May 1st - June 9th 2021" (Meta: Reference).
- : Bormiar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Bormiar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prohibition Of Unwarranted Digital Surveillance".
- : Following new legislation in Bormiar, hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead".