The Kingdom of Bars
“Move and be moved”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Kingdom of Bars is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its state-planned economy and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 14.742 billion Barsians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 73.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Barsian economy, worth 589 trillion Hyons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 39,975 Hyons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, horses are considered a delicacy, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians, and a major religion has been named as Bars's national religion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bars's national animal is the horse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bars's influence in England rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Bars resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Bars's influence in England rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Bars endorsed The Republic of Ioke 63.
- : Bars endorsed The Republic of Drake banned Tim with Roavin noises and.
- : Bars relocated from Artificial Solar System to England.
- : Bars endorsed The Queendom of Ohreisomrensaonra.
- : Bars endorsed The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 29.
- : Bars endorsed The Grand Duchy of Zoom-84.
- : Bars was endorsed by The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 29.