The Confederacy of Yorkshire and its colonies
“Tea is better than coffee”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Confederacy of Yorkshire and its colonies is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Barry Chuckle with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.837 billion Yorks hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Leeds. The average income tax rate is 76.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong from Yorkshire economy, worth 92.7 trillion Thruppeny Bits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 50,466 Thruppeny Bits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are forced to donate blood once every three months, one-man canoes fitted with the latest tracking technology leave no room for one man, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, and new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Yorkshire and its colonies to be bombproof. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yorkshire and its colonies's national animal is the Red Squirrel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Holy Church of Tetley Decaf.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yorkshire and its colonies was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Yorkshire and its colonies was endorsed by The Republic of Ralphburg.
- : Yorkshire and its colonies was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Yorkshire and its colonies voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Northern Borland"".
- : Yorkshire and its colonies voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Whistleblower Protection Act".
- : Yorkshire and its colonies endorsed The Please Endorse Me of Beepee.
- : Following new legislation in Yorkshire and its colonies, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Yorkshire and its colonies to be bombproof.
- : Following new legislation in Yorkshire and its colonies, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
- : Following new legislation in Yorkshire and its colonies, one-man canoes fitted with the latest tracking technology leave no room for one man.
- : Following new legislation in Yorkshire and its colonies, citizens are forced to donate blood once every three months.
Endorsements Received: 83 » Hanguk-Nippon, Aumeltopia, Erinor, Crystal Creation, Anserisa, Qvait, Amerion, Volaworand, Land Without Shrimp, Farengeto, Wehraboos, Kringalia, Mapico, Beepee, PenguinPies, Xandev, Tsunamy, Holy Free, Marinho Islands, Shefino, Springhollow, Compli, The Worst army of, Kandorith, Auphelia, InnWorm, The Filippinas, Corgitopiaa, Laamiva, West Pastafaria, New Briantown, Sandaoguo, Myness, Drugged Monkeys, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Midand, Concrete Slab, Andinla, Ebonhand, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Aidenfieeld, Tepertopia, Merevane, Phanama, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Zataras, Alfama, Brunier, Sedunn, and 33 others.Nowa Europa, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Belschaft, Rebel-topia, Apartment 11F, New Goldman, Rotenaplistan, Bawkie, Eskvenn, The Imperial Frost Federation, Treir, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Wallechi, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, WI SD EA D, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, LadyRebels, Libedistan, Westenhald, Carrelie, Gonrati, New Belgrade, The United Australian States, Ralphburg, and Ipugao.