The Green Bean of Westinor
“Spring Will Come Again”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Location: The North Pacific
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Green Bean of Westinor is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by advent with a fair hand, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.614 billion Westinorians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ailarvale. The average income tax rate is 98.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Westinorian economy, worth 460 trillion Gold Bars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 176,164 Gold Bars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy, confessions don't count if suffixed with "izzle", and vaccinations are mandatory. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Westinor's national animal is the Pengu🐧, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, vaccinations are mandatory.
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, confessions don't count if suffixed with "izzle".
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy.
- : Westinor's influence in The North Pacific fell from "Sprat" to "Minnow".
- : Westinor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality and Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication.
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, the nation is stuck in permanent election mode as politicians demand constant do-overs.
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance.
- : Westinor lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.