The Wayward Lightbrand of Westinor
“Mastering the art of having respectable opinions”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Location: The North Pacific
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Wayward Lightbrand of Westinor is a massive, safe nation, ruled by advent with a fair hand, and renowned for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 4.913 billion Westinorians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ailarvale. The average income tax rate is 99.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Westinorian economy, worth a remarkable 1,048 trillion Gold Bars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 213,403 Gold Bars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The national anthem is a rather effective sleeping aid, a government program is underway to revitalize Westinor's beaches, mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights, and high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Westinor's national animal is the Pengu🐧, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Westinor lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Westinor was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and the Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights.
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, a government program is underway to revitalize Westinor's beaches.
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, the national anthem is a rather effective sleeping aid.
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
- : Following new legislation in Westinor, the new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass".
- : Westinor resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Westinor was endorsed by The Principality of Sil Dorsett.