The Invasion of Rain Delay
“Through Adversity to the Stars”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The Invaders
Regional Influence: Dominator
The Invasion of Rain Delay is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Queen Rose with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and daily referendums. The humorless, devout population of 19.248 billion Roseians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Invader Camp. The average income tax rate is 48.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Rain Delayian economy, worth a remarkable 4,749 trillion Raids a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 246,755 Raids, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Looting and pillaging are now considered vital intelligence-gathering activities, father-son fishing trips have been banned, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists, and extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rain Delay's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Branch Davidian.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rain Delay, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Rain Delay, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Rain Delay, father-son fishing trips have been banned.
- : Following new legislation in Rain Delay, looting and pillaging are now considered vital intelligence-gathering activities.
- : Following new legislation in Rain Delay, delivery truck companies use hospital parking lots to store 16-wheelers.
- : Following new legislation in Rain Delay, in court almost every witness is a hostile witness.
- : Following new legislation in Rain Delay, studio executives abandon tragic stories of star-crossed lovers because "it's been done".
- : Following new legislation in Rain Delay, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined.
- : Following new legislation in Rain Delay, everyone wants to be on the guest list for diplomatic parties.
- : Following new legislation in Rain Delay, the housing market has collapsed like an overbaked Brancalandian souffle.
Endorsements Received: 19 » The Spiffing Brit, United Cats of America, Moryazvia, The Natitzer, Matiropazan Islands, Imperium Secundus-Realm of Ultramar, El Calbia, Pantagonia, Migeenz Salordia, Union of Industrialism, Horses Radish, Calpasca, The Democratic Republic of Ludan, Zarcoina, New Deutchlund, NATSOC INDIA, The red cross I, Rijk12, and Regulus Corneas.