The Intramarine Realm of Pygania
“Thoroughly Indo-European in Blood, Faith, and Language”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Page
The Intramarine Realm of Pygania is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Daryūsh Jem Trayast with an even hand, and remarkable for its fear of technology, vat-grown people, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 6.917 billion Pyganians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Industry and Administration also on the agenda, while Education and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Anquas. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 63.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Pyganian economy, worth a remarkable 1,719 trillion vrigs a year, is mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Retail, Gambling, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 248,572 vrigs, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,409,279 per year while the poor average 21,435, a ratio of 65.7 to 1.
Pristine wilderness has been trashed in the quest for cheaper oil, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, the government loves seeing the little people fight, and several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Pygania's national animal is the boar, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Zoroastrianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pygania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Following new legislation in Pygania, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- : Following new legislation in Pygania, the government loves seeing the little people fight.
- : Following new legislation in Pygania, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- : Following new legislation in Pygania, pristine wilderness has been trashed in the quest for cheaper oil.
- : Following new legislation in Pygania, wealthy pranksters dump refuse on unsuspecting citizens from up high.
- : Pygania was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Pygania, slavers view "what did your last slave die of" as a request for a demonstration.
- : Following new legislation in Pygania, religious epiphanies are often cited as a reason for high school drop-outs.
- : Following new legislation in Pygania, the people consider response to rudeness to be an acceptable casus belli.
Endorsements Received: 121 » Primorye Oblast, Caffeinated, Raghallaigh, ShadyStans, Benthamania, Sablania, New France Republic, Royal Alchemia, Emastalia, Corovos, Cortlandt Manor, Trackeendy, Barcelona and Girona, Tassaland, Gabingston, Romanengo City, Poquaoi, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, Bursken, West Wirral, Utopian Earth, Almendron, Precisely Nothing, Coloamerica, Havenwelle, Asian Hatia, Penlopa, Quartzinne, Waluigi4Smash, United Kingdoms of Redania, Leuxas, Samuelstani, Arvigiel, Scaletta, Mancheseva City, Algazzio, BIOTstate, Pirataria, Algamonzimt, Pakistan 55, Ipsonasia, Machu Cornwall, Kroll Union, Birgenland, Caleban, Teutonic Kaiserreich, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Lethen, Mediocrea, Free Rosabell, and 71 others.Voxum Mortalum, Eloscape, Zakanda, The Tugboat Complex, Alpharod, Former Raxhiria, Vlazinova, Akalshis, Taskete, Calvar, United Northen States Canada, Tital Mania, Greenburgland, Yugarritia, P0ptr0pica, Gooblaria, Union Lysk, Paulotzia, Kingdom of Stargard, Akeland, And Spaces, Le Libertia, Geektopia, Ganud, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Oforrriand, Polgaria, Terra Potestatem, Pland Adanna, Andradus, The Democratic Peoples, Tarkovinia, Brickfield, Baobab-Bumbaria, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Cyberpunk, Sincluda, Mutualist American Republics, Sudmar Island, Euramericasia, The Lost Men, Gredstan, Lurinsk, Koroniti, Euperis, Disney Know it Alls, Ecolaria, Laudesia, Fernlass, Nepenthaceae, Purple Ruthenia, Ramalia Shanatopian, Fruitful, Roma Italiono, Averille, Paisvasc, Democratic Republic of Bandwagon, Euxina, Dark Edgyness, The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule, Maynila, Omegalopolistia, Zakronia, Patriotic Poland, Rawatna, Sanjira, Cetrea, The Nation of the People of the Nation, KazamanicEuropeia, Vinifera, and Bolger.