The Most Serene Republic of Pyatingrad
“Strength Through Faith, Faith Through Me”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Location: Lands End
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Most Serene Republic of Pyatingrad is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Fyodor Karamazov with an iron fist, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 1.478 billion Pyatingradians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Novosibirska. The average income tax rate is 79.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Pyatingradian economy, worth 202 trillion Ducats a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 136,819 Ducats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Corporate innovation has effectively ended since ideas can no longer be owned, a historic rise in the minimum wage has crushed the economy with inflation, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want, and parents are relieved they no longer need to help with their kids' algebra homework. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Pyatingrad's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Karamazovanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pyatingrad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Pyatingrad, parents are relieved they no longer need to help with their kids' algebra homework.
- : Following new legislation in Pyatingrad, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want.
- : Following new legislation in Pyatingrad, a historic rise in the minimum wage has crushed the economy with inflation.
- : Following new legislation in Pyatingrad, corporate innovation has effectively ended since ideas can no longer be owned.
- : Following new legislation in Pyatingrad, expats return home to a government devoid of social and environmental agencies.
- : Pyatingrad was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Devout and the Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Pyatingrad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes and Largest Black Market.
- : Pyatingrad was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Pyatingrad, science labs across the country languish in cobwebs as the government turns its attentions to spiritual matters.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Antarctican Immagrants, TESDAI, Deims Kir, Nadal Mobianordia, Khezite Mandali, Lippeland, Bonnie Blue Republic, Chocolatistan, FrendLEEistan, Nordhpadhan, Mabufudyne, Ruwan Islands, Authoritism, Neo URSS, Artevenia, Biggonian Megaist Empire, Ansoku, Peacockastan, Stutzist, Kathricore, South-Central Rhodesia, Hansa Federation, Disnk, Arstotskiano, Tarradal, The Co-Prosperity-Sphere, Schabinur, Canasius, Rixurian Conglomerate, Earthern Alliance, Ofrus, New Tussia, The Federation of Spokane, Dolplandia, Hazbin demons, Ichirokuhachi, J Class, Sacara, Allor II, Hollip, Nova Trento, Holy Virus empire, Tillaania, Pantsville, Roughst, SinLandia666, Dwebsatiania, New Trussia, New Slovakastan, Jizue Isles, and 6 others.Micalandia, Sonderbourg, Normianm Empire, Yemeria, Nighter, and Siluvia.