The Most Serene Republic of Pagodinho
“Something about bar and music.”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Location: Emirates of Futurnia
Regional Influence: Page
The Most Serene Republic of Pagodinho is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its irreverence towards religion and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 514 million Sambistas enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 9.8%.
The Sambista economy, worth 24.5 trillion futurnian dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Cheese Exports, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 47,702 futurnian dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Pagodinho's national animal is the curió, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pagodinho's influence in Emirates of Futurnia rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Pagodinho's influence in Emirates of Futurnia rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Pagodinho's influence in Emirates of Futurnia rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Pagodinho's influence in Emirates of Futurnia rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Pagodinho's influence in Emirates of Futurnia rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Pagodinho changed its national demonym to "Sambista" and its demonym adjective to "Sambista".
- : Pagodinho altered its national flag.
- : Pagodinho relocated from The West Pacific to Emirates of Futurnia.
- : Pagodinho was founded in The West Pacific.