The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 4
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 4 is a colossal, cultured nation, notable for its closed borders, avant-garde cinema, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 6.584 billion Oaks 4ians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 66.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Oaks 4ian economy, worth 711 trillion planets a year, is mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 108,013 planets, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Press conferences always end with standing ovations and rapturous applause, prime commercial land is being swamped with archaeological teams, residents of houses built on a foundation of wishful thinking are prone to an odd sinking feeling, and morale within the seismologist community has hit rock bottom. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 4's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 4 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 4's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Oaks 4 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 4 relocated from The Thirty foot Steel Wall to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 4 unsuppressed a post on the The Thirty foot Steel Wall Regional Message Board.
- : Oaks 4 changed the regional banner of The Thirty foot Steel Wall.
- : Oaks 4 abolished the regional flag of The Thirty foot Steel Wall.
- : Oaks 4 removed the tag "Invader" from The Thirty foot Steel Wall.
- : Oaks 4 banned The Republic of Bam 16 from The Thirty foot Steel Wall.
- : Oaks 4 updated the World Factbook entry in The Thirty foot Steel Wall.