The Guardians of Jevron
“Supporting South Akia”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: Greater Kahl
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Guardians of Jevron is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Servalan with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 5.864 billion Jevronians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of City at the Edge of the World. The average income tax rate is 72.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Jevronian economy, worth 449 trillion Federation Credits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Gambling. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 76,685 Federation Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, tampons are used as cheap fishing bobbers, hotels often double as quarantine zones, and former gun owners are finding that brandishing paintball guns isn't as satisfying as the real thing. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jevron's national animal is the Mutoid, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Polytheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jevron's influence in Greater Kahl rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Jevron was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Jevron's influence in Greater Kahl rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Jevron's influence in Greater Kahl rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Jevron's influence in Greater Kahl rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Jevron relocated from The Potato Coast to Greater Kahl.
- : Jevron's influence in The Potato Coast rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Jevron resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Jevron aborted construction of embassies between The Potato Coast and The Brotherhood of Malice.
- : Jevron updated the World Factbook entry in The Potato Coast.