The Republic of California Seals
“You Can't Stop Progress”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
The Republic of California Seals is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The quiet, industrious population of 1.337 billion California Sealsians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and International Aid. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sealtown. The average income tax rate is 40.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The California Sealsian economy, worth 63.2 trillion Pucks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 47,241 Pucks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
California Seals has designated Sealtown as its capital city, the California Seals Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, and the navy plans patrols according to how many pubs nearby ports have. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. California Seals's national animal is the penguin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : California Seals's influence in Equestria rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : California Seals's influence in Equestria rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Following new legislation in California Seals, the navy plans patrols according to how many pubs nearby ports have.
- : Following new legislation in California Seals, the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters.
- : California Seals relocated from The Rejected Realms to Equestria.
- : California Seals's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : California Seals relocated from Equestria to The Rejected Realms.
- : California Seals was ejected from Equestria by The Kingdom of Strawberry Festival.
- : California Seals applied to join the World Assembly.
- : California Seals resigned from the World Assembly.