The Republic of Bubblamania
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Republic of Bubblamania is a massive, cultured nation, notable for its deadly medical pandemics, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 2.67 billion Bubblamanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 28.5%.
The thriving Bubblamanian economy, worth 242 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Gambling, Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 90,993 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Panels from bankrupt rooftop solar companies are used as props for sci-fi B-movies, ad-blocking has been nationalised, the suicide rate mysteriously skyrockets during census years, and the government terminates employment with extreme prejudice. Crime is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Bubblamania's national animal is the owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bubblamania's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Bubblamania applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Bubblamania resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Bubblamania was endorsed by The Refugi Spirit of Oaks 238.
- : Bubblamania was endorsed by The Refugi Spirit of Oaks 237.
- : Bubblamania relocated from The SovietUnion to Artificial Solar System.
- : Bubblamania was endorsed by The Republic of PH 39.
- : Bubblamania's influence in The SovietUnion rose from "Zero" to "Vassal".
- : Bubblamania relocated from Artificial Solar System to The SovietUnion.
- : Bubblamania relocated from The Union of Peace to Artificial Solar System.