The People's Republic of Bibliophilius
“The pursuit of compassion and knowledge”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: The Communist Bloc
Regional Influence: Squire
The People's Republic of Bibliophilius is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Bibliogogue with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.049 billion Bibliophilians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bibliopolis. The average income tax rate is 90.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bibliophiliusian economy, worth 270 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 132,249 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Bibliophiliusian Babysitters Club has proven to be a huge relief to stressed-out parents across the nation, referenda are held for every conceivable government action, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, and evasive politicians don't fail to strongly commit to not committing to a course of non-inaction. Crime is totally unknown. Bibliophilius's national animal is the Goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bibliophilius voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Bibliophilius voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Following new legislation in Bibliophilius, evasive politicians don't fail to strongly commit to not committing to a course of non-inaction.
- : Following new legislation in Bibliophilius, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- : Bibliophilius was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Bibliophilius, referenda are held for every conceivable government action.
- : Bibliophilius lost the endorsement of The Comradeship Union of Red nation state.
- : Following new legislation in Bibliophilius, the Bibliophiliusian Babysitters Club has proven to be a huge relief to stressed-out parents across the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Bibliophilius, exorbitant spending on icebreakers breaks the ice at every budget meeting.
- : Following new legislation in Bibliophilius, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage.
Endorsements Received: 119 » Anarchic Cirrikh, Vulga, Kethania, Ganjallia, Luftetia, Rothnia, Bananorium, Fardahar, The Steephills, Very Good Nation, Virgondo, Marxmeans, Vestrik, Pajonia, Karelianastan, Garbynia, Vereinte Deutsche Foederation, Koralo, Parangaba, Shamian, New Mandoras, Lippefess, Uinted Communist of Africa, Holbosh, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics23, Bruzzundunga, Rubumba, Hispania Aeterna, Stershumbaamistan, Phallas, Sir Vladimo, Council of America, Itilien, Falkland Union, Arbados Balarascia, The Plebeian States, Sipsin, The United Sangha, Crescent Commune, Reignment, Transbiansylvania, Saint Shepard, BurningPhoenix, New Wark Turulov, Majdoor, Feyrisshire, The Korean Proletariat, Epicurasia, New Soviet States of America, Ambaniala, and 69 others.Tanamerah, Virdmar, Blakkland, Nueva Zulia, Amogus diwan, Socialist Proletariat Republics, Mavors, Westacaucasus, Illeron, Caerebor, KatfNoPha, Souptorrych, North Fluedan, Imperial Plumbus, Ruso-German Union, Daiamid, Kheshiga, PXAQ, Non Free, Central African Republics, United States of Stalinia, The Reunification of Korea, Hachea, Tonguo, Theria Han, Socialist Republix, Socialist Union of Slavic Republics, Cinnamon Resort, Dimitrija, Pro Bey, Old Mare, Evaristia, Maxuus, Berlin Commune, Vilouki, West Plavia, Jacarta, Great Galanthia, Juiklop, Secutor, Rolfania, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Lorthanien, St Lyaos, The palace of God 2, Domona, Dagorach, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Soviet Socialist Anglia, Kolechecka, Huelistan, Southern Taraxacia, -Gregoria, Zaversko, Cassaracen, Melres e Medas, Soviet Felines, The State of Mao, The United Franciscian Duchies, A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland, Anarhic Morrowind, Benjina, Neo-Narasimhania, Dudaev, Kitchen Nation, United States of Buffaloia, Sirijiva, The Democratic Democracy of Democracies, and New Karov.