The Queendom of Amanthaya
“Balance, Peace, Acceptance”
|Category: Mother Knows Best State|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Queendom of Amanthaya is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Valerie II with an iron fist, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and smutty television. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 3.781 billion Amanthayans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Presille-Heles. The average income tax rate is 81.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Amanthayan economy, worth 661 trillion bronzes a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 174,878 bronzes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
The newest shade developed by Amanthaya's dye industry has been dubbed 'Agent Orange', stores employing more than 100 employees are required to be at least twenty miles from any competitor, the richest individuals apparently buy nothing but noodles and toilet paper, and most households' childcare costs are higher than their mortgage payments. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Amanthaya's national animal is the peacock, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Oracles of Aija.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Amanthaya was endorsed by The Colony of Eastie.
- : Amanthaya was endorsed by The Acting Overseeing Officer of Feu de Glace.
- : Following new legislation in Amanthaya, most households' childcare costs are higher than their mortgage payments.
- : Following new legislation in Amanthaya, the richest individuals apparently buy nothing but noodles and toilet paper.
- : Following new legislation in Amanthaya, stores employing more than 100 employees are required to be at least twenty miles from any competitor.
- : Amanthaya was endorsed by The Cinder and Smoke of Tim Stark.
- : Amanthaya withdrew its endorsement from The Federal Republic of States of Carolina.
- : Amanthaya withdrew its endorsement from The Adorable Nation of Davelands.
- : Amanthaya withdrew its endorsement from The Ancient Empire of Funkadelia.
- : Amanthaya withdrew its endorsement from The Theocratic Aristocracy of Aleister.
Endorsements Received: 55 » A Slanted Black Stripe, Fedele, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Ver Norge, The Sacred Whale, Dark Edgyness, Bullpups, Marrico, The Happian Union, Cantonese Union, Wiranath, Gorbastan, Axdel, Squid Ruinosa, Thyaclinia, Hizuru, The Angel of Charity, Neruch, Roissyland, Republic of Berzerkistan, Janoobi Jazair, Taya Dust, Riveraland, BearStackof2015, Am Echad, The Buckeye States, Someseni, VW53Aland, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Pakitsk, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Just Vale 2, Cyant, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Escade, Sericena, Staynes, Stanisiti, Commodore Badger, Encurage, Asendavia, Avakael, Yemeni Locusts, Zukchiva, and 5 others.Eagas, Brethren, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, and Eastie.