The Holy Order of The Knights of The Thorn
“Defenders of the Faith”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Location: The Everlasting Empire
Regional Influence: Instigator
The Holy Order of The Knights of The Thorn is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Maester of The Order Caratacus Parim with an iron fist, and remarkable for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.438 billion Thornians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order and Spirituality also on the agenda, while International Aid and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Násk of Valthure. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.7%.
The strong Thornian economy, worth 83.8 trillion Thorns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Cheese Exports, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 58,304 Thorns, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 361,969 per year while the poor average 4,037, a ratio of 89.6 to 1.
Loading sixteen tons of laundry gets you another year older and deeper in debt, The Knights of The Thorn has designated Násk of Valthure as its capital city, Maester of The Order Caratacus Parim has just been declared ruler of The Knights of The Thorn in an international press conference, and Tunyeism has been named as The Knights of The Thorn's national religion. Crime is a problem. The Knights of The Thorn's national animal is the Nightlord, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Tunyeism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Knights of The Thorn's influence in The Everlasting Empire rose from "Minnow" to "Instigator".
- : The Knights of The Thorn relocated from Osiris to The Everlasting Empire.
- : The Knights of The Thorn was refounded in Osiris.
- : The Knights of The Thorn ceased to exist in The Everlasting Empire.
- : The Knights of The Thorn's influence in The Everlasting Empire fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : The Knights of The Thorn changed its national faith to "Tunyeism".
- : Following new legislation in The Knights of The Thorn, Tunyeism has been named as The Knights of The Thorn's national religion.
- : The Knights of The Thorn was reclassified from "Compulsory Consumerist State" to "Corporate Police State".
- : The Knights of The Thorn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Primitive.
- : The Knights of The Thorn's influence in The Everlasting Empire fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".