The Republic of Peryn
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Republic of Peryn is a massive, socially progressive nation, renowned for its smutty television, ubiquitous missile silos, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working population of 2.766 billion Perynians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Perie. The average income tax rate is 71.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Perynian economy, worth 470 trillion Perns a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 170,148 Perns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
It is illegal for a parent to tell a child to stop eating their boogers, newly synthesized elements' half-lives are a million times shorter than the time it takes to say their names, criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids, and concussed Swallowball players cannot remember their lineup position. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Peryn's national animal is the Swallow, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, concussed Swallowball players cannot remember their lineup position.
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids.
- : Peryn was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, newly synthesized elements' half-lives are a million times shorter than the time it takes to say their names.
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, it is illegal for a parent to tell a child to stop eating their boogers.
- : Peryn was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Peryn, social media sites prompt users to send birthday greetings to unresponsive nonagenarians.
- : Peryn was endorsed by The Nation States Holy Red Jolly of Celannica.
- : Peryn was endorsed by The Kingdom of Taya Dust.
- : Peryn was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Ridann, A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, The Sacred Whale, Wiranath, Ver Norge, Elejamie, Kucia, Blazing Samaritan, Roliganistan, Biggstonia, Bai Lung, Goodnamesarerare, Lanagon, Kaigi, Wizardonia, Adavan, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Talitoa, Drunken Seal Islands, Adolanta, Dragonia, Roissyland, Urimel, Federated States of Zootron, Brotherland, Unger under over, Wanabe, Dark Edgyness, The Happian Union, Axdel, The Angel of Charity, Neruch, Hizuru, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, BearStackof2015, Just Vale 2, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Marrico, Kilkire, America Mjolnir, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, VW53Aland, Libertanny, Escade, Euricanis, and 14 others.Grossvietnam, Stanisiti, Commodore Badger, Avakael, Servants of Gizmo, Zukchiva, Matdor, Dragons Blood, Feu de Glace, Ramaeus, La xinga, Marrabuk, Taya Dust, and Celannica.