The Republic of Morbid Mind
“You Can't Stop Progress”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Page
The Republic of Morbid Mind is a massive, safe nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, public floggings, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.99 billion Morbid Mindians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 37.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Morbid Mindian economy, worth 110 trillion dollars a year, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Soda Sales, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 37,008 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons, military spending is on the increase, the media have begun calling the government treasury "Leader's stash", and it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Morbid Mind's national animal is the parrot, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Morbid Mind's influence in Alesia rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Morbid Mind's influence in Alesia rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Morbid Mind resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Morbid Mind relocated from Artificial Solar System to Alesia.
- : Morbid Mind was endorsed by The Colony of NCE 02.
- : Morbid Mind was endorsed by The There is pasta in my flag of Vex13.
- : Morbid Mind endorsed The Colony of NCE 02.
- : Morbid Mind endorsed The Empire of Geothermal Power.
- : Morbid Mind was endorsed by The Empire of Geothermal Power.
- : Morbid Mind was endorsed by The Republic of What Makes You Beautiful.