The Community of Maltaron
“Equality through Freedom and Unity”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Community of Maltaron is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Totolecoco with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.025 billion Maltaronians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Teranon. The average income tax rate is 69.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Maltaronian economy, worth 82.1 trillion marcs a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 80,089 marcs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days, tourists need only sign on the dotted line to become citizens, anti-government web sites are springing up, and the nation was recently voted "most likely to betray its allies". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Maltaron's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maltaron was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Maltaron was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Maltaron was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : Maltaron was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates and Smartest Citizens.
- : Maltaron was endorsed by The Empire of Dai Han.
- : Maltaron was endorsed by The Himalayan Field Rat Paradise of Gonrati.
- : Maltaron was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Maltaron was endorsed by The PRARIE FOR CULTURE of MNA 33rd Infantry Regiment.
- : Maltaron was endorsed by The Republic of New Belgrade.
- : Following new legislation in Maltaron, the nation was recently voted "most likely to betray its allies".
Endorsements Received: 73 » The Worst army of, Abarri, Qvait, Purple Hyacinth, Aidenfieeld, New Briantown, Amerion, Corgitopiaa, Tepertopia, PenguinPies, Wehraboos, Volaworand, Land Without Shrimp, Auphelia, Bawkie, Andinla, Aumeltopia, House Ahsanul, Midand, Drystar, Bartonia Nova, Concrete Slab, Zataras, Brunier, Kandorith, Terran Draconia, Ebonhand, Royaltica, Alfama, Erinor, Marinho Islands, Tsunamy, Sedunn, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Farengeto, Nowa Europa, West Pastafaria, Rabbitz, Apartment 11F, WI SD EA D, Shefino, Belschaft, Abyssal Phantasm, Rotenaplistan, Eskvenn, Beepee, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Imperial Frost Federation, Rebel-topia, Treir, and 23 others.Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Wallechi, New Goldman, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Jehenna, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, LadyRebels, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Gonrati, Dai Han, The United Australian States, and Ipugao.