The Republic of Ioke 54
“I tire of the weight of mortality”
|Category: Authoritarian Democracy|
Location: International Socialism
Regional Influence: Squire
The Republic of Ioke 54 is a huge, pleasant nation, renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, disturbing lack of elderly people, and soft-spoken computers. The quiet, industrious population of 945 million Ioke 54ians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 45.2%.
The Ioke 54ian economy, worth 47.8 trillion salts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 50,621 salts, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Flight attendants rip down curtains with revolutionary fervor, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products, the nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks, and government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ioke 54's national animal is the llama.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ioke 54's influence in International Socialism rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Ioke 54's influence in International Socialism rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Ioke 54's influence in International Socialism rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Ioke 54's influence in International Socialism rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Ioke 54 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Ioke 54 relocated from Kewra to International Socialism.
- : Ioke 54 became WA Delegate of Kewra.
- : Ioke 54's influence in Kewra rose from "Zero" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Ioke 54 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Kewra.
- : Ioke 54 was endorsed by The Republic of Quebecshire XXXIX.