The Republic of Hokolokia
“We thrive together.”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Republic of Hokolokia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Citizen Prime with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.923 billion Hokolokians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vayntrubville. The average income tax rate is 95.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Hokolokian economy, worth a remarkable 1,820 trillion Milanas a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 183,431 Milanas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, and towns that stop turning a profit are turned into animal sanctuaries. Crime is totally unknown. Hokolokia's national animal is the platypus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hokolokia was endorsed by The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : Hokolokia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Hokolokia, towns that stop turning a profit are turned into animal sanctuaries.
- : Following new legislation in Hokolokia, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- : Hokolokia was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Hokolokia, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Following new legislation in Hokolokia, politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech.
- : Following new legislation in Hokolokia, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
- : Following new legislation in Hokolokia, economic output is rising as the chronically depressed are persuaded not to burden society.
- : Following new legislation in Hokolokia, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed.
Endorsements Received: 66 » H-Zhena, BearStackof2015, Rhealaliit, Wiranath, VW53Aland, Axdel, Hizuru, Brotherland, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Enlil, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, United China Nation, Roliganistan, Kalaratri, Republic of Berzerkistan, La xinga, Asendavia, Matdor, Marrabuk, Evrigenis, Rainbow Vests, Ridann, Merlovich, Interdimensional Waifus, Zukchiva, Calbee, Tretrid, Todd McCloud, The Eternal Land of Jong, The Three States of Fortuna, BuciLand, Staynes, Airrajul, Rohanland, Mays Austrian Nation, Raunch, Lingu, Imprisoned Freeman, Greater New Cassandra, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Martonica, Nevertopia, and 16 others.Stellar Colonies, Technocratic Tagalog, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Blobbo, Ephem, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Modra, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Castle Federation, Gyp Land, EnderShnovia, Vilit Umanstan, Joundia, and Flying Snow.